Mike's 1992 Astro Resurrection / Bucket List

Forum rules
Build topics only! Members are allowed one topic per vehicle in this forum. Topics may only be started by the vehicle owner but all are welcome to reply to the authors project thread.

Re: Mike's 1992 Astro Resurrection / Bucket List

Postby sixsix [OP] » May 9th 2020, 10:27pm

Rod's Trucks wrote:...just don't drive over the bags of mulch on the way out the door!

Yeah, or the jack stand I stuck under there for fun. ( truthfully, it was looking at ME funny till moved it out )

WoodButcher wrote:What's the deal? did you drop that key into the passenger door to re-live prior treasure finds or just for safe keeping in case you were locked out?

Ha,ha - no, it was still sitting on that tray from working on the other side. Lazy... We compared to the orig papers, etc sticker that we kept (The Van still had the OEM Sales sticker in window ) - orig dealer's key/Baltimore/shipping truck ( 1991 ).
Always wondered what 'that extra noise' was shutting the Driver's.
Oh... and it is soooo quiet now. Even w/ it's stupid looking handle.

Speed handle and Trim Tool sure made stuff easy and fast.
And, yes, I am planning on working on the side and back doors - prolly 2022...2023... see me around July. :roll:
And NO Dutch Doors... unlessun yous wantin' me tuh swap 'em in. :shock:

Well, after all... what would Banacek say ?... “May be hard to believe... President Trump should rest easy and concede what was in fact a foregone conclusion: Another OLD MAN won with only about 50% of the Change Believers/Fools showing up."

Original Poster [OP]
sixsix
Firing on 4 Cylinders (L5)
Years of Membership: sixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full years
Topics: 38
Alias (AKA): Mike
Van Model Year: 1992
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: LT W CPI - RWD 200K

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author
  • 1989- RS to 4x4 swap list
    by markmitch » September 12th 2020, 4:27pm in Projects/Builds
    27 Replies
    Last post by markmitch View the latest post
    November 8th 2020, 4:48pm
  • 2002 Astro AWD - Mini Camper/Road Trip Vehicle
    by Gu3nth » June 16th 2020, 4:16am in Projects/Builds
    4 Replies
    Last post by Gu3nth View the latest post
    June 22nd 2020, 4:41am
  •  
    Last post by AstroSafari.com View the latest post
    November 28th 2020, 11:22pm

Postby sixsix [OP] » May 18th 2020, 4:22am

Has anyone been to Fright by the Harbour ?
Are they Open ? ( we have no phone or comm. w/ the outside world... ) :eek:

Do we have to used cosmolene ppe?

Pricing Hot Glue kits for the Door Panel Paper - Keeping it as OEM as possible.
The Gorilla is not working as thought...?
LOL - I'll keep you "Posted" ;) ;)

Well, after all... what would Banacek say ?... “May be hard to believe... President Trump should rest easy and concede what was in fact a foregone conclusion: Another OLD MAN won with only about 50% of the Change Believers/Fools showing up."

Original Poster [OP]
sixsix
Years of Membership: sixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full years

Postby Astrofarian » May 18th 2020, 2:35pm

As for the "door-panel paper", aren't they usually held on with strips of butyl? Like the old-skool windshield holder-inner stuff?
-M!ke-
Move along....all is well.....return to your homes.....nothing to see here.
Astrofarian
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L3)
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L3)
Years of Membership: Astrofarian has been a member for 6 full yearsAstrofarian has been a member for 6 full yearsAstrofarian has been a member for 6 full yearsAstrofarian has been a member for 6 full yearsAstrofarian has been a member for 6 full yearsAstrofarian has been a member for 6 full years
Topics: 14
Alias (AKA): M!ke
Van Model Year: 1995
Extra Info: Someday......

Postby sixsix [OP] » May 18th 2020, 9:32pm

I'll look for a closer-up photo, but it looks like a hot melt-somewhat clear and similar to 3M post it.
Still has grip, but w/ a tug, will release.

The old stuff is a tease - sticks great, til you turn your back.

In this case an OEM-style thinner, longer, 'glob of snot', is better than short edges of tape or double sided-too thick.
I am sure there is the "Perfect 3M Solution", just have been too lazy ( check that-preoccupied ).

1315 Drvr Int-Retnr Sockets
Original Paper, Fastener and Tape Locations

1336 Drvr Dr-Motor out-Slide Bolt-3-16 Drill
Clear 3M Post-it Style, Snot Glue globs - Requires a 111 or some trichloreth solvent to clean off. Loved that stuff, used to clean our hands in it. cough,cough.. yeah... those were the days.
Jet eng. machinists are a strange lot :whack:

This will "Take you There":
https://www.astrosafari.com/viewtopic.p ... 9#p1471369

A few tips for those not familiar with my ocd methods for photos, gallery, uploaded and posted pics:
- I upload quite a few pics - almost 1200 so far - most numbered...
- easiest way for me to find a pic in the Gallery here or the page, thread or post or @ home.

- Captions belong BELOW the photo ( my and countless other's opinion only )
- we ( heckle n' jeckle ) use laptops or desktop style hardware w/ a simple wireless hub storage & print server

- NOT at all familiar w/ handhelp ( ha,ha.. or 'hand-held' ) smartphone hangups or tap-a-talk & the like
- did not dream of someone having to click...
- or do anything to one of my photos other than simply LOOK at it

- But... it did occur to me that there are quite a few folks out there...
- looking at our, your, my stuff ( no,no - it was NOT like the "burning bush" Vision/revelation time )...
- on these teensy weensy devices while touring the country - by car ... 'er, couch

- "clicking on thumbnails" or "full size photo when clicked, looks fine"
- Point taken

Here's some more Famous Door / Paper Glue pics:

1472 Door paper water barrier Glue 1

1474 Door paper water barrier Glue 2

1476 Door paper water barrier Glue 3

1478 Door paper water barrier Glue 4

The OLD Clear Glue just ain't what it used to be. ( AIN'T is in the spell checker - really? )
Above/4 pics can be found here:
https://www.astrosafari.com/viewtopic.p ... 2#p1495722

is " maloriented " a real word?

Original Poster [OP]
sixsix

Postby sixsix [OP] » June 3rd 2020, 1:54am

Guess while I wait for the "Trip to Harbour Fright" - I'll clean up and start some assembly.
Took some shots of the door inside panel and some closeups of a few boring interior fasteners, etc.

1820 Pass Door Fstnr old-new
The bag of 50 of these Tree fasteners was only $5 or $6 bucks - Amazon slow boat from China / Free Shipping.
Took so long, I forgot about them, almost ordered them again...

Size and performance wise - they are perfect.
Head is .600", old one was .625", both by .250"
Fit the slot, then the 90 degree turn - work and hold Perfect!!

1822 Pass Door Fstnr-Screw Action
Side by side - components and install seem brainless - but there is always room for fumbles and flummux.

1826 Pass Door pocket screws-foam
Amazing that the Foam is still pliable.
Other foam - like the AC duct work intersections was dryrotted foam semiliquid.
Need the Glue Gun w/ the 3M postit sticky stuff to glue it back on like the paper I mentioned before.

Also pulled the ( 6 ) 5/32" hex screws holding the Pocket to the panel./

1828 Pass Door Bot-pkt screw locs
Yellow arrows - Pocket screw locations.

For people looking to Mount Speakers where the Pocket is ( toward the front of the Door/Van ), there is plenty of room to move the Pocket to the rear of the Door Panel.
A look at the previous pics will show the sheet metal or adapter plate work that would need be done to the door itself.

1830 Pass Door Top Dates-fstnrs
Top of the Door Panel - Upper carpet uses ( 10 ) press on metal to plastic retainers/fasteners

1833 Pass Door Top Close up 1
Close up of the Top of the Left Side.
This view shows some of the reinforcement metal.

1836 Pass Door Top Close up 2
Close up of the Top of the Right Side - golly.
This view shows some of the reinforcement metal where some plastic tabs go thru.

1838 Pass Door Top Velour Retrs
Looks like 2 screwdrivers or a special Trim Shop / Upholsterer might have a special something.
These ( 10 ) look really difficult to remove any way...

1840 Pass Door Unknown Retr
This retainer fell out of somewhere when I had it all apart. That's a 1/4" driver shank it is leaning on.
Not sure where it goes - can't find any more anywhere.

1843 Pass Door Pocket Text

This was printed inside the pocket. Any idea what T.R. stands for?

Dates stamped into the door panel are 5/92 and 6/92

1845 Pass Door Pnl clean up Before
Mixed up some Platinum Dawn and hot water - should work for the prelim stains.

Here's the proverbial "Before Shot".

1847 Pass Door Pnl clean up
In process - 2nd scrub
All the Vinyl is coming clean with a green scrubby and a Magic Eraser ( greatest little cleaners ever invented since microfiber ).

Couple scuffs took an actual Pen Eraser - real tough to find. then a coat of wax for slickiness.

1849 Pass Door Pnl clean up After

Here's the After Shot!!

Real pleased - can really thank GM for substantial interior parts - material and paint/stain.
And no 3M Scotchguard crap either.
Here's to hoping the other side turns out as well.

Next we get the rest of the mechanicals out of the door - Lock, Regulator and Latch and Rods.

Original Poster [OP]
sixsix

Postby 90safari » June 3rd 2020, 5:43pm

Mike, do you have a link to the clips you used in post 1820?
Bob 88 Astro cs and Sue 90 Safari
90safari
Firing on 1 Cylinder (L2)
Firing on 1 Cylinder (L2)
Years of Membership: 90safari has been a member for 7 full years90safari has been a member for 7 full years90safari has been a member for 7 full years90safari has been a member for 7 full years90safari has been a member for 7 full years90safari has been a member for 7 full years90safari has been a member for 7 full years
Topics: 5
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1990
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: plus an 88 Astro

Postby sixsix [OP] » June 3rd 2020, 10:35pm

90safari wrote:Mike, do you have a link to the clips you used in post 1820?

If you mean the "Xmas Tree Fasteners" used all over The Van...
Here is the page I originally alluded to them:
https://www.astrosafari.com/viewtopic.p ... 0#p1517078

Here's the orig Fleabay ad:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/50p-Door-Panel ... 2603971681

Good stuff - China!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Original Poster [OP]
sixsix

Never thought I would live this Long - 4,000 Posts

Postby sixsix [OP] » July 8th 2020, 9:45pm

In Celebration of 4,000 Posts...
Thought I would "Stay On Topic" with a "Real Astro/Safari Post about Real Astro/Safari Stuff".

Some Personal Stuff...

Seems I have gotten "Bitter" ( understatement of the year ) lately and it shows in the absurd, illogical and hell-bent on destructive manner I have been displaying.
To say that recent current events have shaped my opinions and actions would be correct to say the least.
Why, I am even lying to myself - saying I am not being a jerk, while excoriating gman for not having an Avatar.
Weird - it's like I have become "that ugly hated uncle" that shows up at xmas to everyone's dismay.

And since I don't belong anywhere else, I, like so many others, take it out on family.
And ... like family, they won't stand for it. And... as a 'family here too', you all shouldn't either.
Called me out on it - as they should. I can take it and should not dish it out if I can't.

Just so you know - I / We do not own a cell ph, do not belong to any online groups and don't mingle w/ IDIOTS.
Do not do progs. or apps, eg: fb, insta, twit or video anything.
Don't belong to ANY other forums, clubs, groups or political orgs.

Been a non-militant NRA member 5 years - so I get Rifleman mag.
We own 4 pistols and 2 rifles. Wife is crack w/ the M-16
Republican mostly, unless they are an idiot wanting my vote.

The two of us are disabled, but get around well enough to take care of ourselves.
And... as I have said a few times on here... quoting Eva Peron, "Don't Cry for Me Argentina".
Just have to get back to:
- Enjoying, Reading, Writing, Laughing, Crying, Screaming, Threatening and Begging of our Astros and Safaris.

Because they are Family !!

Van stuff alert!!

1870 Window Motor-tools

A few posts earlier, I pulled the Window Motor and removed the 'End Cap', but then stopped and did everything else known to man except finish it...
So - here's the tools I used before putting it back together - the aim being - saving a few bucks by permanently disabling the built-in Circuit Breaker (CB) that slows or stops the window as you are pulling into the Carwash.

CW around the pic:
- at top - pan of kerosene - cleaned out the motor while holding Conn. End down
- cleaned that "Nasty Black Stick to All" ( the Actual Technical term ) stuff that was all over the nylon
- tube of "Nasty Black Stick to All" - some even call it Weatherstrip Glue or adhesive something...
- Motor still waiting on the cleaning up thing with dull Commutator since not been used
- nylon/delrin End Cap / Brush Holder / CB assy. mounted in sm. bench vise
- Brushes, Springs, lg. paper clip, drill, assorted tools, sandy paper

1872 Motor End Cap-Iron-Solder

The other door had a 'points style' CB - this Motor uses a 'bi-metal thermocouple.
You will need a decent iron or gun and some flux core solder.
Will need a meter to check or wring out the conns. across the sides.

1875 Motor End Cap Solder Joint

Well, one end is done - did not destroy the nylon in that area - there was quite a bit to heat up.
Nice view of one of the Brush Holders.

1877 End Cap Drill-Paper Clip

After the strip is soldered, holes will be drilled for sections of lg. paper clips.
I also used this method ( as well as other less intrusive tries ) on the other Motor:
https://www.astrosafari.com/viewtopic.p ... 0#p1476460

The Large Paper Clip diameter is .0469 ( 3/64" )
I drilled using a .0625 ( 1/16" ) bit - the mini holes will be filled when the End Cap Cover is glued back on.
The holes do not interfere with or cross any important stuff.

1879 End Cap Brushes Springs held

ScotchBrighted the Brush Faces lightly - sounding very poetic...
Inserted a spring and a brush, held back with a piece of the clip on each side of the Brush Holder.
Put a dollop of axle grease in the End Cap/Motor Bushing.

1880 Motor cleaned-Comm sanded-cleaned

Lots of goop inside - cleaned it up w/ kerosene holding the conn. end down to keep from flowing junk into the motor itself.
There is enormous linear end play / backlash - at least 1/2". Hardly none when the End Cap is installed.
End Play does not seem to affect operation - the other Motor was the same - works just fine.

Next on the agenda is getting to the Latch assy. and it's associated hardware.
Also, the Locking circuit will be tested - do not think I need to pull the Lock Motor module at all.

Original Poster [OP]
sixsix

Postby M_a_t_tM_a_t_t is online! » July 8th 2020, 10:12pm

I have to say after letting my van sit for almost a year it feels really good to start messing with it again. Hopefully you are feeling the same way.

The paper clip/stiff wire is a great idea. I have been wanting to do something similar in my mercury as pretty much all windows are slow. Too bad it's a ford (lowercase on purpose :D ).
1973 Fiat 124 Special
1975 Honda Civic CVCC 4spd
1981 Kawasaki KZ750E
1981 Kawasaki KZ650 CSR
1983 Kawasaki KZ1100-A3
1986 Nissan 300zx Turbo 5 spd
1995 Chevy Astro RWD
1995 Mercury Tracer
2004 Chevy Astro AWD
2017 Kawasaki VersysX 300
M_a_t_tM_a_t_t is online!
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L1)
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: M_a_t_t has been a member for 5 full yearsM_a_t_t has been a member for 5 full yearsM_a_t_t has been a member for 5 full yearsM_a_t_t has been a member for 5 full yearsM_a_t_t has been a member for 5 full years
Topics: 27
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1995
Extra Info: cl rwd

Postby sixsix [OP] » July 8th 2020, 10:33pm

Most would still rather just buy a new Motor - around $20, last I heard.
No telling how long they will be avail. - wonder what year/GMC model was the last to use this style.

Costs are bound to go up as the years tick by...

Original Poster [OP]
sixsix

Postby Leeann_93 » July 8th 2020, 11:18pm

I stopped driving my Bravada before the window motor I put in died. That was an eBay $20 special, too. I drove it for 4 years after the replacement with no trouble, then it was out on loan for over a year after that.

I would imagine it will last you the lifetime of the van...plus, I still have the other eBay special motor around here somewhere (I bought a 2-pack and only used one).
'05 Astro AWD vin X
'02 Astro LS AWD vin X
'00 Astro LS AWD - WIP
'99 Safari XLE AWD - broke
'93 AWD EXT vin W - real broke
Leeann_93
Team Leader
Team Leader
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: Leeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 44
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 2005
Extra Info: LS AWD

Re: Never thought I would live this Long - 4,000 Posts

Postby WoodButcherWoodButcher is online! » July 9th 2020, 3:34pm

sixsix wrote:- Enjoying, Reading, Writing, Laughing, Crying, Screaming, Threatening and Begging of our Astros and Safaris.

Because they are Family !!

Yes you are, and human too.
In my eyes there ain't enough of that today.

:obscene-drinkingcheers:
Here's to you and me
and all that agree,

to those that don't?

well,,,,

:obscene-buttred:
WoodButcherWoodButcher is online!
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Firing on 5 Cylinders (L6)
Years of Membership: WoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 30
Alias (AKA): Bruce
Van Model Year: 1993
Extra Info: 5.7L RWD

Postby sixsix [OP] » July 10th 2020, 8:02pm

History Lesson...

Some time back, I retrofitted a '98 OH Console, along with new Headliner, late model Visors, etc, etc.
Trying to modernize the Gen I Interior, the Console has Homelink, which has worked fine.
It will handle 2 garage doors and a Homelink Module ( we have one for entry way lights ).

The 15 year old "Overhead Door" opener's Remotes finally gave up the alkaline/lithium Ghosts.
Stupid things used those "You can't buy Those in this State" batteries.

Finally went to Lowes and got a couple remote whatzits...
Gotta' be able to get The Van out, so...

DSCF5365.JPG
Both units from Chamberlain spread out.
These are "Learning Units" - so there's no dip switch setup crap - which back in the day worked fine.
Now we just point, push and press the whatzit button on the Opener.

Same way the Homelink openers work and easy enough.

DSCF5366.JPG
Just above the unit - you see 2 screws.
Brainiac that I am - I mount it as high in the corner out of elements as I can.
Unfortunate - can't open the cover.

2nd Try:

DSCF5367.JPG
Cover opens Just Fine now.
Stainless screws marking my flub-a-dub for eternity.

DSCF5368.JPG
Hand held Remote Action Shot
Nice to not have to reprogram the Homelink each time I disconnect the Battery.

So... why don't I use the "Battery Tender Gadget" I got years back? It was all of $4.99 at Frightening Harbor.
Kinda' Leery, ya know...always wondered if it was going to "Eat Up" my $130 Battery Power Investment.

Original Poster [OP]
sixsix

Postby sixsix [OP] » August 26th 2020, 1:43am

* NEW BANACEK !! *

Been fiddling with Interior work so long, while trying to keep it DD... be it ever so humble.
Naked door insides n' all.

So - here's what I did - no real revelation, but works fine.

w0 DSCF5415
I made 2 of these boards for tools on the seat. One has a towel, the other a scrap of carpet fastened.
Helps keeps things from rolling & holds my mag dish - after wrapping a piece of 2x4 attached underneath ( mod A2 ).
Comes out real quick w/ the 2 lights, ext. cord and thermos/lunch box holder.

Sorry about the eye strain - it is a 1st for me ( not caring what a pic looks like - "...they'll knowwutImean" ).

Here's a trick I learned from Mayflower / United Movers - rolls of sticky plastic floor/carpet protector.
Great when fooling with the dog house / distr, RR eng. work, etc.
'need to wrap a girlfriend/wife?'

18-24" wide, real sticky, stays put and a few layers proved to be "Worry-Free".
Was cheap at L0wes, HD, the movers, etc.

If I find a roll left over, I'll post a pic.

So - we had to make some flower, mulch and dirt runs this year. No TVs or Kitchen / Bath / Pellets.
But we did go get a New Wheelbarrow... our 20 yr old True Temper finally gave it up.
I had considered a Full Concours' Restoration, but the parts were more than a new one.
And "Wheelbarrow Resellers" is advising against any new 'Barrow' listings... drat !!?

w1 DSCF5412
An official L0wes POS - in a word, not sturdy enough, steel cross-sectional lightwgt. Wood feels like chopsticks.
... aha - sensing a foreign intervention.

Would not comfortably or safely carry the weight the tub was sized/designed for.
And while the hardware was tight, not a one was centered into its square flange / carriage bolt hole.

I did not figure to be moving 200-300 lb loads of pea gravel or tons of deck lumber any more.
I figured... I'll loosen, center and tighten the bolts and nuts - check it all out.
Figured it would fit our flowers, mulch and lawn tool chore reqs.
When I first went to move it, the front cross pc. dug in ... already, had to hunch over.
Jeannie wheeled it to The Van originally - 5' 5" vs 6' 6".

All the Bolts were so tight and the nuts run down onto the shank.
Could not effectively loosen ANYTHING w/o dinging it up pretty bad.
I was astonished - NOT.

Then Jeannie says, "That looks so wimpy compared to the old one".
Before she had gotten out "wim... , It was in The Van again and I was heading to the Courthhouse in Independence.
Not to file a Wheelbarrow suit or anything, but to register The Van and our '06 Altima.

Mike and Randy 8-17-20.jpg
Mike and Randy 8-17-20.jpg (163.19 KiB) Viewed 468 times
Mike and Randy 8-17-20
Randy on the right, their Blue Vanny in the background - takes a simple selfie.

Swing by L0wes on the way back off 275 & 75.

Courthouse is closed... WTF... after all this time... most everything is open, masks not mandated.
so... swing by Randy's place on the way back to 275 to check out his new construction and engine project.
Hadn't been over since before Armacovidgeddon. I know no one that stays busier than Randy.
Never Stops. ahhh, to be fifties again...

Anyway, I drop off the POS at the return desk - I can't believe I handed them $55 for it - 20 years ago , a much better one sold for $35 at the Do it Center.

Went back out into the garden yard, looked at the other models and which came as a kit.
Watched the untrained monkey backpacker woman-bun idiot that assembles their stuff...
Skin n' bones, 4 color hair, but not traditionally coloured, hot pants...
- 3xlt flannel shirt ( heat that day: "center of the sun" ).

"I jess grab da head wit these grippers and muh can a nuts ... no time, paid by the piece."
and "To me, imporant is the piece bonus." IMPORANT ?

I loaded the Blue Wheelbarrow kit onto the cart and watched her like a train wreck for about 15 minutes.

w2 DSCF5419
Quite the size difference sitting in there compared to above.

w8 DSCF5417
Of course there are no instructions - not in this one or any of them - I checked.
There were 4 drawings printed on the 2 flaps showing parts and side views... OK.

w9 DSCF5420

This is more like it - same size and weight as the old one - this one $85 - but I do feel it's worth it.
A beast, powder coat and a strong bond, heavy, good definition, metalflake too.
Run flat non-Goodyear solid tire, mag like spoke, 5/8" chromed axle, metal handles w/ rubbber inserts.
Heavy, formed angular steel construction, SS 5/16-18 fasteners.

Actually, it's too nice to use - gonna' have to buy a shed now, get a coat of wax on it, insurance...
We'll see tomorrow. LOL

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Original Poster [OP]
sixsix

Postby WoodButcherWoodButcher is online! » August 26th 2020, 5:01pm

Bought the "sport" model I see, don't tell the ins agent what's under the hood. You'll never get ins. for it!
WoodButcherWoodButcher is online!
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Years of Membership: WoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 30
Alias (AKA): Bruce
Van Model Year: 1993
Extra Info: 5.7L RWD

Postby sixsix [OP] » August 26th 2020, 6:42pm

WoodButcher wrote:Bought the "sport" model I see, don't tell the ins agent what's under the hood. You'll never get ins. for it!

LOL

Yeah, Woody, none of those 2 wheel 'gentleman rancher' models for this dude.
...'sides, L0wes does not sell a high end "Body Carrier". And... no chrome options to be found...

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Original Poster [OP]
sixsix

Postby chevymaher » August 26th 2020, 9:52pm

I can't beleive you be seen with riff raff like that Mike.
chevymaher
Team Leader
Team Leader
Years of Membership: chevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 90
Alias (AKA): chevymaher
Van Model Year: 1994
Extra Info: SLE RWD Mercruiser

Postby stent » August 31st 2020, 9:50pm

sixsix wrote:Image
w8 DSCF5417
w9 DSCF5420

This is more like it - same size and weight as the old one - this one $85 - but I do feel it's worth it.
A beast, powder coat and a strong bond, heavy, good definition, metalflake too.
Run flat non-Goodyear solid tire, mag like spoke, 5/8" chromed axle, metal handles w/ rubbber inserts.
Heavy, formed angular steel construction, SS 5/16-18 fasteners.

Actually, it's too nice to use - gonna' have to buy a shed now, get a coat of wax on it, insurance...

hi mike,
that looks like what the LKQ junkyards here in denver have for customer use out in their yards - i've put a least a couple of miles on theirs while wandering around - even absolutely beat to crap they keep on rolling - i'll send you a pic or 2 for fun next time i go for a parts run. :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:
stent
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L1)
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: stent has been a member for 3 full yearsstent has been a member for 3 full yearsstent has been a member for 3 full years
Topics: 2
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1999
Extra Info: rwd cargo

Postby sixsix [OP] » August 31st 2020, 10:36pm

True that !! - Thing is an absolute Beast, thanks for laughing along.

Yeah, our local one here has them also, gardening type carts and engine puller stuff - free.
And... $2 cover gets you as many cross-ref questions as you can stand or remember.

Original Poster [OP]
sixsix

Postby Astroratsun » September 6th 2020, 5:54am

Thanks for the build Mike, was very informative.... sound proofed my doors earlier this year, this site has been very helpful for all the things I've done either because I had to or wanted too; and thinking maybe we all should get rid of our cell phones, might make life a little easier.
Astroratsun
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Years of Membership: Astroratsun has been a member for 2 full yearsAstroratsun has been a member for 2 full years
Topics: 6
Alias (AKA): Goose
Van Model Year: 2000
Extra Info: Rwd

PreviousNext