Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Dutch Door Floor Trim Part Number/Source

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  lemutt81 
#1 ·
Hi, I've been obtaining knowledge from these forums or "lurking" for a while and finally decided it was time to register. I'm turning my 2003 Astro into a campervan.

Unfortunately, when I bought my Astro late last year I discovered a leak by the dutch doors (which is apparently very common due to poor design). I'm going to attempt fixing the leak soon thanks to the wealth of knowledge I've gained here on the forums but I have one question: does anyone know where to get the long piece of plastic trim/molding that goes over the weather stripping/butyl tape and the end of the carpet? Or the part number? I thew mine out thinking I wasn't going to need it since it's where my sub-floor will end, but now I realize I should just put it back on to protect the new weather stripping. I think I might have found it (link below) but just want to make sure ($60 :x ). Thanks for any info.

https://www.chevypartsprime.com/online/ ... WQRPUN7926

#3 ·
Local junk yard is always the best place for that kind of stuff. Mine would charge about 5-10 bucks.
X2

Plus at the JY you can pick out one in the color that matches your interior - from GM it's most likely "Paint to match".....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.