96 and up bench seat hinge covers

96 and up bench seat hinge covers

Postby Taxi_Rob [OP] » May 6th 2012, 11:53pm

Does anyone know offhand if they are all the same? I have a '97 with the standard benches in grey cloth, and I can't find the correct part when I search for it directly. BUT if I bump up my search to 2005, I find the part in "pewter" color rather than grey. Is it identical in reality? They're not very pricey and they're brand new, and I'm a stickler for deets. I think GMPartsEast is a drop-shipper, so I doubt anyone on the phone there could look at them and tell me...
1997 Astro LS (96 spec interior for some reason)
1997 Astro LS (rebuilt 2001 S-10 block)
1998 Astro LS (the only one that isn't a rolling abortion)
BUY ALL THREE AND SAVE
Original Poster [OP]
Taxi_Rob
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Years of Membership: Taxi_Rob has been a member for 9 full yearsTaxi_Rob has been a member for 9 full yearsTaxi_Rob has been a member for 9 full yearsTaxi_Rob has been a member for 9 full yearsTaxi_Rob has been a member for 9 full yearsTaxi_Rob has been a member for 9 full yearsTaxi_Rob has been a member for 9 full yearsTaxi_Rob has been a member for 9 full yearsTaxi_Rob has been a member for 9 full years
Topics: 5
Alias (AKA): Taxi Rob
Van Model Year: 1997
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: 2001 engine swapped

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author
  • bench seat with seat with shoulder belts
    by simsghost » February 10th 2021, 2:22am in Interior
    7 Replies
    Last post by markmitchmarkmitch is online! View the latest post
    February 14th 2021, 4:58pm
  • Front bench seat
    by mglsite » January 14th 2021, 2:56am in Interior
    13 Replies
    Last post by mglsite View the latest post
    February 7th 2021, 3:07am
  •  
    Last post by AstroSafari.com View the latest post
    March 6th 2021, 6:09pm

Re: 96 and up bench seat hinge covers

Postby Phantom » May 7th 2012, 12:23am

Taxi_Rob wrote:Does anyone know offhand if they are all the same? I have a '97 with the standard benches in grey cloth, and I can't find the correct part when I search for it directly. BUT if I bump up my search to 2005, I find the part in "pewter" color rather than grey. Is it identical in reality? They're not very pricey and they're brand new, and I'm a stickler for deets. I think GMPartsEast is a drop-shipper, so I doubt anyone on the phone there could look at them and tell me...

Yea pewter is gray , the only way to know if there is any difference in shade is to hold them side by side , but being the same part , the pewter color is likely the only one that is made these days , for the most part the colors in Gen 2 vans are the same even if they call it different , tan is now neutral but they the same , in the Gen 1 years the shade in color is often different than Gen2 but often the same through the Gen 1 years , I pulled the interior side panel from a 2001 and it was the same color as a 96 , , a part like what you are looking for should be an easy find in a salvage yard
Phantom
Firing on 7 Cylinders (L4)
Firing on 7 Cylinders (L4)
Years of Membership: Phantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 15
Alias (AKA):

Re: 96 and up bench seat hinge covers

Postby Taxi_Rob [OP] » May 7th 2012, 12:29am

That's what I thought, but thanks for confirming that.. I'm going with new because I live in San Diego, everything is sun damaged here, trying to pull a used one will likely destroy the molded-in retaining pegs that broke on my old ones. $22/set for new ones, delivered to my door, that's another plus :rockon:
1997 Astro LS (96 spec interior for some reason)
1997 Astro LS (rebuilt 2001 S-10 block)
1998 Astro LS (the only one that isn't a rolling abortion)
BUY ALL THREE AND SAVE
Original Poster [OP]
Taxi_Rob
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Years of Membership: Taxi_Rob has been a member for 9 full yearsTaxi_Rob has been a member for 9 full yearsTaxi_Rob has been a member for 9 full yearsTaxi_Rob has been a member for 9 full yearsTaxi_Rob has been a member for 9 full yearsTaxi_Rob has been a member for 9 full yearsTaxi_Rob has been a member for 9 full yearsTaxi_Rob has been a member for 9 full yearsTaxi_Rob has been a member for 9 full years
Topics: 5
Alias (AKA): Taxi Rob
Van Model Year: 1997
Extra Info: 2001 engine swapped