Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

will these seats fit the front of my van?

4K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Aaron@OER 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Coaster said:
http://fargo.craigslist.org/pts/4426361992.html

it just says astro van. they look like they would fit, the bases look like mine but [highlight=pink]the armrest seems like it would hit the door(?)

maybe gen II door panels fit different?[/highlight]they look like they are in great shape!
Hey Coaster,
Gen II's seats don't have an armrest on door side. If it did have an armrest on door side it will not hit the door in the upright position however If lowered it will hit the armrest that's built onto the door panel.
I had a '95 that had armrest on both sides of seat. I guess you can always leave the door side armrest in upright position or like jumper said remove it. They are nice looking seats though, I'd get them and make them fit!!

#6 ·
The 96 I drove for work did. I was having a rough time getting my door to open one night- until I realized the armrest was down & I was pushing on it rather than the door.

#7 ·
Gen II's seats don't have an armrest on door side. If it did have an armrest on door side it will not hit the door in the upright position however If lowered it will hit the armrest that's built onto the door panel.
I had a '95 that had armrest on both sides of seat. I guess you can always leave the door side armrest in upright position or like jumper said remove it. They are nice looking seats though, I'd get them and make them fit!!
My 97 and 00 both have armrest on both sides

#8 ·
grandamle91 said:
My 97 and 00 both have armrest on both sides
My 97 also has armrests on both sides, those are good stock front seats, pick them up, you will be happy. I love to have both my armrests down, makes the ride so much more comfortable on long drives!

Big_kid said:
The 96 I drove for work did. I was having a rough time getting my door to open one night- until I realized the armrest was down & I was pushing on it rather than the door.
:rofl: Been there done that!!!! :eek:bscene-drinkingdrunk:

#11 ·
Front & rear seats bucket seats are interchangable. My front seats were back seats. At the junkyard, almost all the front seats are wore out, rained on or bolts were to rusty.

#12 ·
CoolCat4Christ said:
Coaster said:
http://fargo.craigslist.org/pts/4426361992.html

it just says astro van. they look like they would fit, the bases look like mine but [highlight=pink]the armrest seems like it would hit the door(?)

maybe gen II door panels fit different?[/highlight]they look like they are in great shape!
Hey Coaster,
Actually, mine has armrests. It's stock. And they fit exactly. :shrug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.