Overhead consoles - years

Overhead consoles - years

Postby g0t0pless [OP] » June 9th 2010, 10:15pm

Do all of the consoles fit all of the years?

I have a 95, but I like the newer year's consoles better.
Original Poster [OP]
g0t0pless
Firing on 1 Cylinder (L1)
Years of Membership: g0t0pless has been a member for 10 full yearsg0t0pless has been a member for 10 full yearsg0t0pless has been a member for 10 full yearsg0t0pless has been a member for 10 full yearsg0t0pless has been a member for 10 full yearsg0t0pless has been a member for 10 full yearsg0t0pless has been a member for 10 full yearsg0t0pless has been a member for 10 full yearsg0t0pless has been a member for 10 full yearsg0t0pless has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 50
Alias (AKA):
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author
  • wiring info needed-overhead console
    by markmitch » December 31st 2020, 5:46pm in Interior
    3 Replies
    Last post by AstroWill View the latest post
    January 4th 2021, 6:46pm
  •  
    Last post by AstroSafari.com View the latest post
    January 26th 2021, 2:03pm

Re: Overhead consoles - years

Postby g0t0pless [OP] » April 7th 2011, 1:37pm

I've got a newer year overhead console to mount in my 95 that doesn't have a console. Can someone take a pic of their mounting plate for me so I can see where all the holes are? My headliner prevents me from seeing the mounting locations.
Original Poster [OP]
g0t0pless
Years of Membership: g0t0pless has been a member for 10 full yearsg0t0pless has been a member for 10 full yearsg0t0pless has been a member for 10 full yearsg0t0pless has been a member for 10 full yearsg0t0pless has been a member for 10 full yearsg0t0pless has been a member for 10 full yearsg0t0pless has been a member for 10 full yearsg0t0pless has been a member for 10 full yearsg0t0pless has been a member for 10 full yearsg0t0pless has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 50
Alias (AKA):
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari

Postby Phantom » April 7th 2011, 4:02pm

If you do not have a console then you do not have the mounting bracket ,The newer console brackets are different than the older ones , try the salvage yards and pull one out of a van there to get the right bracket and wiring harness you will need for the newer console, you will want to check the front radiator support to see if you have the air temp sensor already there , if not you'll need it as well.
Phantom
Firing on 7 Cylinders (L4)
Years of Membership: Phantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 15
Alias (AKA):
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro

Postby scott936 » April 11th 2011, 4:08pm

Phantom wrote:If you do not have a console then you do not have the mounting bracket ,The newer console brackets are different than the older ones , try the salvage yards and pull one out of a van there to get the right bracket and wiring harness you will need for the newer console, you will want to check the front radiator support to see if you have the air temp sensor already there , if not you'll need it as well.

You dont need no stinking brackets, thats what the mig welder is for :lol: Im putting an S10 overhead in mine, so so sexy.... :rofl:
2002 Astro Van Cargo
Air Bags
Yokohama 225/60 17
Overhead console from 92 S 10
Custom Rear Bumper
Custom front seats
scott936
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Firing on 3 Cylinders (L1)
Firing on 3 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: scott936 has been a member for 9 full yearsscott936 has been a member for 9 full yearsscott936 has been a member for 9 full yearsscott936 has been a member for 9 full yearsscott936 has been a member for 9 full yearsscott936 has been a member for 9 full yearsscott936 has been a member for 9 full yearsscott936 has been a member for 9 full yearsscott936 has been a member for 9 full years
Topics: 37
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 2002
Extra Info: 2 WD Cargo

Postby Phantom » April 11th 2011, 8:40pm

scott936 wrote:
Phantom wrote:If you do not have a console then you do not have the mounting bracket ,The newer console brackets are different than the older ones , try the salvage yards and pull one out of a van there to get the right bracket and wiring harness you will need for the newer console, you will want to check the front radiator support to see if you have the air temp sensor already there , if not you'll need it as well.

You dont need no stinking brackets, thats what the mig welder is for :lol: Im putting an S10 overhead in mine, so so sexy.... :rofl:

You gonna weld a plastic console to the roof with a mig ?, so so sexy indeed :rofl: :rofl: Use a cutting torch to take it down?? .... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Phantom
Years of Membership: Phantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 15
Alias (AKA):