I need third row seat belts.

I need third row seat belts.

Postby lastws6 [OP] » April 21st 2016, 2:37pm

Hey guys, I hope everyone is doing well today.

I have a 94 Safari that I've had a tough time finding a rear seat for that matches the rest of the interior. That being said I did manage to find a grey 3rd row seat from a second generation and I'm using that and I'm relatively happy with how it matches. Totally good enough for me.

However, as you know the seatbelts are different between first and second generation for the rear most. So what I have going on now is I used the seat belts out of the 2nd gen, cut them, and have them in there just as lap belts. This is not an ideal situation for my kids or anyone else that would sit in the back to say the least.

So what I'm asking is, does anyone have a set of first generation rear most seat belts that they aren't using and would be willing to part with either free or really cheap? I've looked at all the local junk yards and can't find anything. I would need the whole assembly from where it Clips in at the ceiling all the way down to the seats... including the seat belt release button thingies.

I have three daughters under 11, I'm a broke single dad, and I would hate to think what could happen to my kids or their friends if I don't get this figured out. For now I usually have my oldest daughter sitting in the front passenger and would rather she was somewhere in the middle of the van... been driving like this, uncomfortable about it, for a couple weeks assuming I would find what I need... and so far no luck.

Thanks again for this awesome site with a wealth of information run and used by really cool people. :-)
-Dan Image
Original Poster [OP]
lastws6
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Years of Membership: lastws6 has been a member for 5 full yearslastws6 has been a member for 5 full yearslastws6 has been a member for 5 full yearslastws6 has been a member for 5 full yearslastws6 has been a member for 5 full years
Topics: 6
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1994
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: lt 2wd

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author

Re: I need third row seat belts.

Postby lastws6 [OP] » April 26th 2016, 2:59am

Anyone? ..:D
-Dan Image
Original Poster [OP]
lastws6
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Years of Membership: lastws6 has been a member for 5 full yearslastws6 has been a member for 5 full yearslastws6 has been a member for 5 full yearslastws6 has been a member for 5 full yearslastws6 has been a member for 5 full years
Topics: 6
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1994
Extra Info: lt 2wd

Postby Mr_Bowtie » April 26th 2016, 3:43am

My '85 didn't come with shoulder belts so I too have my kids just buckled up with lap belts.
I might have some shoulder belts sitting around I can't use....cause my benches are out of a newer Gen 1 van with shoulder belts.
Let me get ya a couple pics tomorrow.

Nick.
1985 Astro - 350/700r4....loud & low! :chevy:
'96 Dodge 2500 Ramwagon Van
'68 VW Bug 1600cc
'00 Grand Prix GT
'00 Subaru Outback Legacy sedan
Mr_Bowtie
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: Mr_Bowtie has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 74
Alias (AKA): Nick
Van Model Year: 1985
Extra Info: 350 with 700r4

Postby Mr_Bowtie » April 26th 2016, 9:39pm

This is what I have and you can have them for the price of shipping. I would like to say though they don't seem to recoil. Feels like they are stuck. I got one to recoil in and then could not get it out. Maybe the mechanisms just need to be oiled up a little.
There are 3 of them. Just male ends no female ends. These are the ones that bolt on side of the bench and would clip into a female end you have mounted in your ceiling of your van to make it a shoulder belt for second or third row seating.
Let me know if these might help ya out.
Nick :chevy:
Attachments
image.jpeg
1985 Astro - 350/700r4....loud & low! :chevy:
'96 Dodge 2500 Ramwagon Van
'68 VW Bug 1600cc
'00 Grand Prix GT
'00 Subaru Outback Legacy sedan
Mr_Bowtie
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Years of Membership: Mr_Bowtie has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 74
Alias (AKA): Nick
Van Model Year: 1985
Extra Info: 350 with 700r4