Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Service AWD codes....

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Sastro1234 
#1 ·
Where do I even start with these..... busted the abs/speed sensor in the front passenger hub and lost awd, swapped the sensor and still have problems. Was able to get codes read but not sure if some are tied together or not. is it 4x4 swap time. I mainly drive in snow so the awd is preferred. Any input helps van is 2001 awd lifted and driven very hard in the mountains

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Make sure you search each of those codes, they might not mean exactly what is on that sheet.

With all of those issues I would say it's probably a power/ground/wiring issue. Some will always show if there is ANY problem with the ABS.

The AWD and ABS are two separate systems, AWD uses sensors on the transfer case to determine slipping, not the wheel speed sensors.

If they are not current codes and you recently fixed some wiring/connections/sensors/fuses/etc then I would clear them and go from there.

The AWD on these vans is fantastic in the snow!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.