Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

New Exhaust

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Mr_Bowtie 
#1 ·
I bought this van about 5 or so years ago and about a year later the catalytic converter started rattling, so I cut the "y"pipe off of the two header pipes and removed the entire o.e. exhaust system and fabbed my own. I custom bent a 3" pipe and made a new collector, added a high flow Magnaflow Cat and a 3" 50 series Flowmaster along with a custom bent 3" tail pipe that exited in the stock location but angled back more. It sounded and ran mean as heck, but was way too loud inside. I decided finally that it needed to be redone. I left all the pipe I had made from the muffler forward, just removed the Flowmaster and tail pipe, bought a stock o.e. replacement muffler for a mid-late 80's GM truck that has a 3" inlet and dual 2.25" outlets and bent a couple of 2.25" tail pipes. Here is the end results...

Astro Exhaust (2).JPG

Astro Exhaust (1).JPG

It sounds quite nice now, it's still throatier than stock and looks better too...

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.