Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

What o2 Sensor Is This?

15K views 34 replies 7 participants last post by  Sailing_Faith 
#1 ·
My van keeps throwing a code for my o2 sensor Bank 1 Sensor 2, i changed the sensor between the cat and muffler didn't change? This is on my 97

#4 ·
webcat said:
Check your wiring ,, also google your code and see what other info you might find
I've searched and it doesn't say any more then the scanner tells me

and that picturt didnt help much (thank you thro) because the van only has 1 sensor on the drivers and 3 on the passenger, wireing is the same as the old

#5 ·
Bank 1 Sensor 2 is just forward of the cat. AKA pre-cat O2.
Bank 1 Sensor 3 is after the cat. AKA post-cat O2
Bank 1 Sensor 1 is drivers' side.
Bank 2 Sensor 1 is passenger side.
This applies to '96 and '97 M/L.

#8 ·
Astroplane said:
Bank 1 Sensor 2 is just forward of the cat. AKA pre-cat O2.
Bank 1 Sensor 3 is after the cat. AKA post-cat O2
Bank 1 Sensor 1 is drivers' side.
Bank 2 Sensor 1 is passenger side.
This applies to '96 and '97 M/L.
Thank you, I so replaced the wrong one, any ideas on getting those out on the passenger side sensor 1 & 2, i bearly can get my hands up there

#10 ·
Astroplane said:
Which code? There are a variety of O2 sensor sockets and crowsfoot wrenches available. Leann has a pic on here of a great setup.
the code was P0140

I order a crowsfoot from ebay, no one in town has one, or has no clue what im talking about

#14 ·
kylegap said:
grandamle91 said:
kylegap said:
Someone has a picture or drawing of Bank 1 Sensor 3 location???
Thats the one between the cat and muffler
Ok, so it's not showned on this picture?:

no that picture is wrong, theres only one o2 on the drivers and 3 on the passengers side

#21 ·
kylegap said:
grandamle91 said:
kylegap said:
Ok, so it the third one on the passenger side front to rear?
ya its the closest one to the rear

dont know why that picture showed up
Where is Bank 1 sensor 3 on your drawing?
after the cat

#25 ·
#26 ·
grandamle91 said:
kylegap said:
Another question is, when I buy it, I order a front sensor or a rear?

Which one on what page:
Front:
http://www.autopartsway.ca/autoparts2/i ... olet~Astro 4.3 V6 Standard Cargo Van Base AWD~240666~240666~22~keysensor
Rear:
http://www.autopartsway.ca/autoparts2/i ... olet~Astro 4.3 V6 Standard Cargo Van Base AWD~240666~240666~30~keysensor
i replace all mine on bank 2 with the same bank 1 had a flat connector and bank 2 had a sqaure
Ok, and can you tell which one is Bank 1 Sensor 3? This is the main question on this thread and it's never been answered clearly.

I'll orther one with a flat connector. THanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.