batt abs low fuel, security light all come on then off??

batt abs low fuel, security light all come on then off??

Postby nsfkid [OP] » December 11th 2016, 7:07pm

Hello all, I working o 2002 Astro with about 70,000 miles. Just bought the truck. (I have owned many many astro's over the years)
The Issues I am having are intermittent no start, On the dash the batt, abs, low fuel, and sercuity light come on and the fuel gauge goes to zero and the shift indicator goes out(the red/orange back square that surrounds the p r n d to indicate the shifter location)
This happens if the truck is running or not and if I just leave the ignition on they cycle on and off as well. I am thinking along the lines of a bad pcm, But I am lost on this one.
any direction would be appreciated.
I have searched this and others have had the same problem but no-one posted how it was fixed or what it was.

I have checked all fuses multiple times, swapped out relays, cleaned grounds, pulled out the bcm to check for bad solder joints, etc
:confused:
Original Poster [OP]
nsfkid
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: nsfkid has been a member for 10 full yearsnsfkid has been a member for 10 full yearsnsfkid has been a member for 10 full yearsnsfkid has been a member for 10 full yearsnsfkid has been a member for 10 full yearsnsfkid has been a member for 10 full yearsnsfkid has been a member for 10 full yearsnsfkid has been a member for 10 full yearsnsfkid has been a member for 10 full yearsnsfkid has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 4
Alias (AKA):
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: various

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author
  • Faulty parking brake switch/abs issue
    by Wokka » August 26th 2020, 8:56pm in Technical Information
    2 Replies
    Last post by Wokka View the latest post
    August 27th 2020, 7:17am
  •  
    Last post by AstroSafari.com View the latest post
    January 25th 2021, 8:26pm

Re: batt abs low fuel, security light all come on then off??

Postby nsfkid [OP] » December 13th 2016, 10:22pm

Just an update
Took out the BCM, Tried to start the truck.(Did not ever think it would start) It started! and all the above issues I had are gone with the exception of the security light on steady. Going to drive it for one day while I am looking for an BCM.
So it starts, will update on the drivability tomorrow
Original Poster [OP]
nsfkid
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: nsfkid has been a member for 10 full yearsnsfkid has been a member for 10 full yearsnsfkid has been a member for 10 full yearsnsfkid has been a member for 10 full yearsnsfkid has been a member for 10 full yearsnsfkid has been a member for 10 full yearsnsfkid has been a member for 10 full yearsnsfkid has been a member for 10 full yearsnsfkid has been a member for 10 full yearsnsfkid has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 4
Alias (AKA):
Extra Info: various

Postby WimpTech » December 13th 2016, 10:39pm

SWEEEET! Sounds like you SCORED! Would love to hear about how it goes, sorry I missed your original post.
WimpTech - Precision Guesswork... Questionable Results.

My Van Build: viewtopic.php?f=127&t=103714
My Other Van: http://www.vcvc.org/showthread.php/3013 ... ersion-Van
WimpTech
Firing on 3 Cylinders (L5)
Firing on 3 Cylinders (L5)
Years of Membership: WimpTech has been a member for 5 full yearsWimpTech has been a member for 5 full yearsWimpTech has been a member for 5 full yearsWimpTech has been a member for 5 full yearsWimpTech has been a member for 5 full years
Topics: 38
Alias (AKA): =Wimpy=
Van Model Year: 2000
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: AWD 3+1 Lift

Postby Fire57 » December 10th 2017, 5:02am

I know the post is a year old but, I just did the same thing to my 2002 due to the same problems. The ABS light is not part of the BCM. I started driving mine and have put about 15miles on it. All gauages and PRND32L indicator work but once to operating temp it will die when I’m stopped and in gear. It will start up right away. I’m sending out my BCM to Moduleexperts.com located in Jacksonville, Fl. They will rebuild it and say that when I get it back it will be plug and play.
NP233 T-case swap, 6” lift, 31” Goodyear Wranglers, Torsen style rear diff, re-indexed torision keys, Cammed, short tube headers, port and polished heads, gasket matched exhaust and intake ports, weighted and balanced internals. 4.10 R & P’s
Fire57
Fueling (1/2 tank)
Fueling (1/2 tank)
Years of Membership: Fire57 has been a member for 3 full yearsFire57 has been a member for 3 full yearsFire57 has been a member for 3 full years
Topics: 11
Alias (AKA): Jim
Van Model Year: 2002
Extra Info: 4x4

Postby Fire57 » February 19th 2018, 6:17am

So the BCM was bad but that wasn’t the problem. It turned out I had a bad TCCM. How I figured this out was by getting a hold of the wire schematic that showed all the modules that are connected to the Data link (OBD2 port). I started by unplugging each module one at a time and reconnecting my scanner. If the module I unplugged didn’t solve the non communication Data link error I re connected that module and moved on to the next one. I have a 2002 Astro AWD

The modules associated with the OBD 2 port: PCM (Blue connector C1), Transfer Case control Module (left kick panel behind the e brake bracket), overhead console display, instrument cluster, Electronic Brake control Module ( underside of driver side of rig on subframe), SRS mofule (under driver’s seat) and the Body control module.

As soon as unplugged the TCCM, I connected my scanner, turned my ignition on and BAAM that was it! Instrument gauges and Shift indicator all work.

In my case I swapped my AWD t-case to a manual shift NP231. I also pulled the schematic on the TCCM and confirmed what it works with and for me I took the TCCM out for good.
Hope this helps the next poor soul who runs into this problem.
NP233 T-case swap, 6” lift, 31” Goodyear Wranglers, Torsen style rear diff, re-indexed torision keys, Cammed, short tube headers, port and polished heads, gasket matched exhaust and intake ports, weighted and balanced internals. 4.10 R & P’s
Fire57
Fueling (1/2 tank)
Fueling (1/2 tank)
Years of Membership: Fire57 has been a member for 3 full yearsFire57 has been a member for 3 full yearsFire57 has been a member for 3 full years
Topics: 11
Alias (AKA): Jim
Van Model Year: 2002
Extra Info: 4x4