P0102 code MAF sensor

P0102 code MAF sensor

Postby Jocker64 [OP] » September 22nd 2013, 5:27am

Ok while driving today my SES light went on so I ignored it
Van lost power and started to jerk when accelerating and also black smoke coming from the back
I stopped by the store for about 1/2 hour and when I went to started I had a hell of time doing so but finally started and it acted like it was missing real bad so I finally got home
I plugged my OBD tester and I got a P0102 code which it is a MAF sensor problem,
It said low signal
At this time I checked live data on the scanner and in the MAF sensor read 0.00
So I figured I had a bad sensor, I took it out, cleaned it real good, installed it back and test it, I had 0.00 reading
I brought the scanner to the engine compartment to watch it while I checked it and while touching the wires, I touched the MAF sensor plug and wala!!!! Started to have some reading on the scanner so I figure it was a bad connector
I took the connector apart and saw the connector were open to much, I bent them a little, squeeze the a little, put the connector back together, plugged it back in and tested again, problem solved!!!!!!!!!! Just saved $230 on a new MAF sensor.
Hope this helps
Original Poster [OP]
Jocker64
Fueling (3/8 tank)
Fueling (3/8 tank)
Years of Membership: Jocker64 has been a member for 7 full yearsJocker64 has been a member for 7 full yearsJocker64 has been a member for 7 full yearsJocker64 has been a member for 7 full yearsJocker64 has been a member for 7 full yearsJocker64 has been a member for 7 full yearsJocker64 has been a member for 7 full years
Topics: 19
Alias (AKA): El jocker
Van Model Year: 1996
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: My new project