left door switch Plastic for 2001 Astro

left door switch Plastic for 2001 Astro

Postby Old Barney [OP] » July 23rd 2017, 1:51pm

I noticed after an oil change the next day the door lock switch was on the inside of the plastic and the plastic piece were the front screw is broken also screw still in place with plastic still under head of screw. also broken vertically under the door lock switch.
I would guess some one at the shop needed a door lock switch in a hurry so they just pried the front of the switch plastic breaking the plastic grabbing the switch then just popping their old defunct switch in place on the out side of the plastic. on further examination I found the mounting for the door lock switch won't hold a switch any more 'cause it's broken also.
I did confront the shop and was directed to the sign they are not resistible for anything missing, broken or stolen ??? BUT they are not aware of bad news travels fast. I tell every one about the sign and DO NOT take their vehicle there. In 2005 I had bought some new $35.00 wiper blades for my wife's Buick took it to the Buick / Mercedes dealer for recall of something can't remember what recall was. when I picked up the car her teflon edged blades were replaced by some worn out junk. Again I confronted them and they put on some other GM blades for free WOW mighty nice of the slobs. Two months later I guess after many complaints the dealer closed their doors.

any how I would like to purchase the left drivers door plastic my switches are good except for the door lock switch which I can get at loco parts house.
Original Poster [OP]
Old Barney
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Firing on 4 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: Old Barney has been a member for 6 full yearsOld Barney has been a member for 6 full yearsOld Barney has been a member for 6 full yearsOld Barney has been a member for 6 full yearsOld Barney has been a member for 6 full yearsOld Barney has been a member for 6 full years
Topics: 23
Alias (AKA): Barney
Van Model Year: 2000
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: awd

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author
  • Sliding Door Glass
    by dramey » November 17th 2020, 8:34am in Wanted
    12 Replies
    Last post by sixsixsixsix is online! View the latest post
    November 20th 2020, 1:47am
  • WTB 2nd Gen Chevy Astro/Safari NYC area
    by dbillz » October 20th 2020, 11:53pm in Wanted
    1 Replies
    Last post by Rod's Trucks View the latest post
    October 21st 2020, 3:59am
  •  
    Last post by AstroSafari.com View the latest post
    April 15th 2021, 2:05pm

Re: left door switch Plastic for 2001 Astro

Postby zzimmer3 » July 23rd 2017, 1:56pm

Id be beyond ticked off if this happened to me. I'd be ready to burn the shop down. Wow. Allot of stuff on ebay is Available, Maybe look there. Wish I could be more helpful.
1994 2wd, 1998 2wd, 2000 awd, 2001 awd
zzimmer3
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L1)
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: zzimmer3 has been a member for 7 full yearszzimmer3 has been a member for 7 full yearszzimmer3 has been a member for 7 full yearszzimmer3 has been a member for 7 full yearszzimmer3 has been a member for 7 full yearszzimmer3 has been a member for 7 full yearszzimmer3 has been a member for 7 full years
Topics: 68
Alias (AKA): teddybear
Extra Info: LT AWD

Postby Old Barney [OP] » July 23rd 2017, 3:38pm

Yeh;the right passenger side is there on EBAY but no drivers side. there are complete both sides complete panels with $110.00 shipping WOW! I have used UPS and they even package with standard shipping usually isn't that much. I don't need this quickly as I can lean way over and have long arms to reach the other side LOL! I would like both sides just in case but too expensive just for the switch panel. I would also have very ill thoughts of revenge but telling every one I see here in Lake City Floriduh and they yell every one soon their doors will close too.
Original Poster [OP]
Old Barney
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Years of Membership: Old Barney has been a member for 6 full yearsOld Barney has been a member for 6 full yearsOld Barney has been a member for 6 full yearsOld Barney has been a member for 6 full yearsOld Barney has been a member for 6 full yearsOld Barney has been a member for 6 full years

Postby Old Barney [OP] » July 24th 2017, 6:15pm

The paper label on the inside of the plastic is 2190903 NEUTRAL 15X45071 switch plates L/S the assist handle needs to be removed then the Philips head screw in the lower front then a metal spring clip on the top has to be pulled out then the panel raise straight up to release the bottom. the color is neutral as gm calls it.
I'm not afraid to pay for it any one has the drivers side LEFT
Original Poster [OP]
Old Barney
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces