Dutch door open trigger on 2001 astro LS?

Dutch door open trigger on 2001 astro LS?

Postby Snuffy [OP] » February 7th 2018, 3:52pm

Looking at installing an alarm system on my 2001 astro LS and wiring the door open triggers from the BCU into it. The two front and sliding doors have doorjamb switches I can see, which cut accessory power when opened and the ignition is off. I cant see any switch on the rear dutch doors and opening it does not cut accessory power.

Anyone know if this year/trim has a rear door open switch? If not, has anyone installed one like this:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/prf-80170/overview/
and hopefully taken pictures of the best location to mount it?
Original Poster [OP]
Snuffy
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Years of Membership: Snuffy has been a member for 3 full yearsSnuffy has been a member for 3 full yearsSnuffy has been a member for 3 full years
Topics: 9
Alias (AKA):

Re: Dutch door open trigger on 2001 astro LS?

Postby The Drummer » February 7th 2018, 6:11pm

The dutch door switch is located on the top of the driver s side strut that olds the hatch open , and the reason its not cutting power is likely because its no more working ,mine never worked since i got the van , and iv never seen one that does work , i have looked into installing a door jamb switch like the onein your link but never got to do it , if wired corractly i dont see why it would not work , but i am no expert.
''USE THE TORQUE LUKE ''

and beware of trees ,them nasty wooden things are evil .
The Drummer
Firing on 3 Cylinders (L2)
Years of Membership: The Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full years
Topics: 16
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 2000
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: SLT 4.3 AWD

Postby TurnNburn » February 7th 2018, 6:26pm

The Drummer wrote:The dutch door switch is located on the top of the driver s side strut that olds the hatch open , and the reason its not cutting power is likely because its no more working

Or it was removed if you cant find it

I know on my van when I got it, that switch was already missing
2000 Astro- Camperized, bumpers, lifted, LS 5.3 V8, 4x4 T-case, Truetrac rear locker, 31x10.5x15 BFG KO2's
"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes"
Build thread- https://www.astrosafari.com/viewtopic.php?t=103066"
TurnNburn
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Green Status (L4)
Green Status (L4)
Years of Membership: TurnNburn has been a member for 4 full yearsTurnNburn has been a member for 4 full yearsTurnNburn has been a member for 4 full yearsTurnNburn has been a member for 4 full years
Topics: 11
Alias (AKA): iGoogle
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: 5.3 4x4 Overlander

Postby Snuffy [OP] » February 7th 2018, 8:42pm

So the spring-loaded black plastic wedge thing is the trigger then? I'll have to open up the door and test the thing with a multimeter. If it's broken it shouldn't be too hard to drill a hole for the other style of trigger.
Original Poster [OP]
Snuffy
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Years of Membership: Snuffy has been a member for 3 full yearsSnuffy has been a member for 3 full yearsSnuffy has been a member for 3 full years
Topics: 9
Alias (AKA):

Postby TurnNburn » February 7th 2018, 8:43pm

Or get a replacement from a junkyard
2000 Astro- Camperized, bumpers, lifted, LS 5.3 V8, 4x4 T-case, Truetrac rear locker, 31x10.5x15 BFG KO2's
"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes"
Build thread- https://www.astrosafari.com/viewtopic.php?t=103066"
TurnNburn
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Green Status (L4)
Green Status (L4)
Years of Membership: TurnNburn has been a member for 4 full yearsTurnNburn has been a member for 4 full yearsTurnNburn has been a member for 4 full yearsTurnNburn has been a member for 4 full years
Topics: 11
Alias (AKA): iGoogle
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: 5.3 4x4 Overlander

Postby The Drummer » February 8th 2018, 12:31am

I tested many at or from the j/y and could never find one that worked ,now maybe i was not lucky , i found one brand new at a steelership but you could load the van with flashlights for the price of that thing , but me i am a poor lonsome cowboy ,it may not be a problem for others.
''USE THE TORQUE LUKE ''

and beware of trees ,them nasty wooden things are evil .
The Drummer
Years of Membership: The Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full years
Topics: 16
Alias (AKA):
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: SLT 4.3 AWD