Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Dutch door open trigger on 2001 astro LS?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  The Drummer 
#1 ·
Looking at installing an alarm system on my 2001 astro LS and wiring the door open triggers from the BCU into it. The two front and sliding doors have doorjamb switches I can see, which cut accessory power when opened and the ignition is off. I cant see any switch on the rear dutch doors and opening it does not cut accessory power.

Anyone know if this year/trim has a rear door open switch? If not, has anyone installed one like this:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/prf-80170/overview/
and hopefully taken pictures of the best location to mount it?

#2 ·
The dutch door switch is located on the top of the driver s side strut that olds the hatch open , and the reason its not cutting power is likely because its no more working ,mine never worked since i got the van , and iv never seen one that does work , i have looked into installing a door jamb switch like the onein your link but never got to do it , if wired corractly i dont see why it would not work , but i am no expert.

#3 ·
The Drummer said:
The dutch door switch is located on the top of the driver s side strut that olds the hatch open , and the reason its not cutting power is likely because its no more working
Or it was removed if you cant find it

I know on my van when I got it, that switch was already missing

#6 ·
I tested many at or from the j/y and could never find one that worked ,now maybe i was not lucky , i found one brand new at a steelership but you could load the van with flashlights for the price of that thing , but me i am a poor lonsome cowboy ,it may not be a problem for others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.