05 Astro fob alarm

05 Astro fob alarm

Postby edstir [OP] » October 1st 2019, 4:54am

I purchased my Van used 4 years ago. It had a lower dash red LED light that stayed on all the time. Eventually I looked in the manual to see it's purpose and it wasn't mentioned. Figured it was something to do with an added alarm that didn't exist anymore. The fob worked normal for 3 plus years. Then for some reason maybe using the key when the electric door opener wouldn't work in colder weather or wires moving it changed.
I can't open a door without the horn going off, have to hit door open on fob. This gives me 1 minute to start car or open a door. The previous always on red LED Blinks real fast for 1 minute and you can hear relays resetting to alarm ready condition after that minute. If I hit the fob door open button and get inside I have 1 minute to start the car or again hit the door open for another 1 minute. There is a small black block with about 22 gauge wire under the dash that will beep when jostled or bothered. I found a little black push button switch riveted to the bottom of the dash with a pair of 22g wires that go to the alarm block ( about 3'' x 4"" size) it doesn't seem to do anything. My battery went dead last Winter and when it was replaced the Fob went back to normal. Figured disconnecting the battery reset it. Now 11 months later it's back after distributor trouble and a tow for repairs. I disconnected the battery to see if it would reset like last time. No good. Figured it may need a longer disconnected battery in case of capacitors holding a charge so I disconnected overnight. It didn't work. If anyone knows a sequence for resetting an alarm or disarming it please help. The Fobs are the normal factory issue same as my previous 2000 Astro.
Original Poster [OP]
edstir
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: edstir has been a member for 6 full yearsedstir has been a member for 6 full yearsedstir has been a member for 6 full yearsedstir has been a member for 6 full yearsedstir has been a member for 6 full yearsedstir has been a member for 6 full years
Topics: 2
Alias (AKA): Edward
Van Model Year: 2005
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: RWD PASSENGER

Re: 05 Astro fob alarm

Postby AstroWill » October 1st 2019, 5:03am

That is an aftermarket alarm system. Need to find the main brain of it and get the make/model and find the instructions.

Trolls take away from productive work, best to ignore & go about your business. See: Dark Tetrad
Report terrorists and anyone inciting violence to FBI @ fbi.gov and 800-CALLFBI (225-5324)
AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: AstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 108
Alias (AKA): Critical Thinking+Common Sense
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: I love peaches