Switch to full site
Talk about audio systems and mobile video, navigation systems and GPS, car alarms and security systems. Discuss auto competition with amplifiers, subwoofers, sound quality, and SPL. Entertain with satellite radio, CB radio, DVD players, and game consoles.
Post a reply

New Amp install Help

November 24th 2020, 5:13pm

So the guy that had this astro before me did some crazy custom wire stuff... I have no Idea what's going on back here, but I figured posting some pics/asking here might be worth a try. I'm planning on running this amp for just the two front speakers for now and also wondering how low to go on the gain if anyone has some tips. It's a 2000 asto with stock speakers and a 1000 Watt Crunch amp. Thanks for any help in advance!
Attachments
Car Audio 1.jpg
Car Audio 2.jpg
Last edited by DoubleDeckerStudios on November 24th 2020, 5:26pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: New Amp install Help

November 24th 2020, 5:26pm

OK... just connect the .... hold on, be right back... ...

November 24th 2020, 5:31pm

Just cut the red wire...

Wow, that's a tangled mess. Maybe find the speaker wires and a powered wire and cut away the rest and start new. Don't think there is any way to make that spaghetti look decent.

-Andrew

November 24th 2020, 6:41pm

sixsix wrote:OK... just connect the .... hold on, be right back... ...

amazing, I'm actually thinking of skipping everything and just setting up my own lines. Might rip all this out then unless that's crazy?

November 24th 2020, 6:52pm

icebrrg3rd wrote:Just cut the red wire...

Wow, that's a tangled mess. Maybe find the speaker wires and a powered wire and cut away the rest and start new. Don't think there is any way to make that spaghetti look decent.

-Andrew

Thanks Andrew, sounds like the plan! Will use the guide I printed to find speaker and power then chuck the rest!

November 24th 2020, 6:53pm

Start over

November 24th 2020, 7:03pm

CopperFiremist wrote:Start over

Right on, should I just tuck this all back in or rip it out?

November 24th 2020, 7:09pm

Sometimes crazy is needed...
I'd cut as much out that isn't needed that isn't factory wiring for less mess.

November 24th 2020, 7:21pm

If collors are right, red is 12 volt + ,orange or yellow or vice verca is 12volts+ constant for memory and such and the other is a switched wire to trigger the amps wich are probably hooked to the red wires ,usualy the biggest ones ,and those should be fused somewhere along the way and via a relay as well , i thought i had just posted but ..,be gentle with the gain, them oem up front wont handle that much power if you crank it .

November 25th 2020, 12:54am

Conversion van? See that all the time in the conversion vans. LOL at the duct tape.
Cut that crap out and toss what isn't needed. Make sure to personally test exactly what you are using, don't go by the wiring colors.
Get rid of the stock speakers, they are junk even with the stock system.
Post a reply