Auxillyary Input Radio Adapter

Auxillyary Input Radio Adapter

Postby edserrano [OP] » February 24th 2008, 1:48am

I'm about to install an auxiliary input adapter for the radio in my 2000 Astro. The unit is a Pie GM9-AUX.
Has anybody installed and used this adapter? Also, any tips on removing the radio would be great. I do not have my manual and do not know the radio code should I need it. Would this be an issue when installing this gizmo?
Thanks,

Eddie S.
Original Poster [OP]
edserrano
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: edserrano has been a member for 12 full yearsedserrano has been a member for 12 full yearsedserrano has been a member for 12 full yearsedserrano has been a member for 12 full yearsedserrano has been a member for 12 full yearsedserrano has been a member for 12 full yearsedserrano has been a member for 12 full yearsedserrano has been a member for 12 full yearsedserrano has been a member for 12 full yearsedserrano has been a member for 12 full yearsedserrano has been a member for 12 full yearsedserrano has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 5
Alias (AKA):

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author
  • New Radio, No Regrets.
    by Psyckosama » November 9th 2020, 9:03pm in Mobile Electronics
    16 Replies
    Last post by Psyckosama View the latest post
    November 12th 2020, 6:21am
  •  
    Last post by AstroSafari.com View the latest post
    January 17th 2021, 12:53am

Re: Auxillyary Input Radio Adapter

Postby deacon » December 21st 2008, 7:36pm

i would like to add one of the devices to my stock '03 Cd/Radio that will take input, charge, and control an IPOD.

the previous poster also asked about it wihth no response. has anyone done this? if so, please help.

i also would like to do so to a '08 pontiac vibe. there is a lot of chatter about this on the vibe web site, none on astro site. anyone :confused:

http://forums.genvibe.com/zeroforum?id=7

perhaps because it is cost effective to just change head units?

anyone?
deacon
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: deacon has been a member for 12 full yearsdeacon has been a member for 12 full yearsdeacon has been a member for 12 full yearsdeacon has been a member for 12 full yearsdeacon has been a member for 12 full yearsdeacon has been a member for 12 full yearsdeacon has been a member for 12 full yearsdeacon has been a member for 12 full yearsdeacon has been a member for 12 full yearsdeacon has been a member for 12 full yearsdeacon has been a member for 12 full yearsdeacon has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 1
Alias (AKA): deacon

Re: Auxillyary Input Radio Adapter

Postby Hank » January 26th 2009, 4:00am

Sorry for digging up and old post but I discussed this on the old board with one important issue.

There is a ground loop problem with the GM9-AUX on most all Astros. You will get horrible alternator whine and popping.

The fix??

Pull the ground wire that goes from the factory radio harness to the doghouse. Re-route a ground wire from a good location to the doghouse and cap off the ground you pulled.

Took me a month to stumble onto this one. I called both the manufacturer and the place I bought it from as they were totally baffled.

I was able to just reach up and pop the connector for the 9-aux in my Astro, cut a few fingers but it was easier than popping off all the dash plastic. Just pop out the glove box/cup holder thing and you should be able to get to everything
Camaro eating, trailer dragging 2003 AWD tuned with hptuners.
See http://www.hptuners.com
http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11225
Balancing by http://www.innovativebalancing.com
Hank
Firing on 3 Cylinders (L1)
Firing on 3 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: Hank has been a member for 12 full yearsHank has been a member for 12 full yearsHank has been a member for 12 full yearsHank has been a member for 12 full yearsHank has been a member for 12 full yearsHank has been a member for 12 full yearsHank has been a member for 12 full yearsHank has been a member for 12 full yearsHank has been a member for 12 full yearsHank has been a member for 12 full yearsHank has been a member for 12 full yearsHank has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 58
Alias (AKA):