LS Stock AM/FM Cassette w/ CD

LS Stock AM/FM Cassette w/ CD

Postby harryevan [OP] » February 29th 2008, 10:11pm

I'm about to change the stock stereo (actually, the former owner upgraded at purchase to the "Electronically Tuned AM/FM Stereo Radio WITH Cassette, Compact Disc Player, AUTO Tone Control AND Clock” and the “Rear Seat Radio Controls”) to a basic Sony AM/FM CD and mp3 player. I'm wondering if there's a harness I can use to slip this in without losing the rear seat controls or the rear channels. I did this in my wife's explorer and it turned out I had the third (and most complex) of 3 configurations, I had to drop the power amp in the back (after I found it) and bypass it which also dropped my rear seat controls. With this Astro, when I unplug the rear seat controller, I lose the rear speakers. Is there a remote amp hidden somewhere? The CD drive is separate, I would gladly swap it out for an mp3 drive, if it existed (and was compatible with the rest of the system), but I don't think it does. So I'm thinking of filling that slot with the X-Guage, down the road.

So what's the harness I have to buy, or where do I go for the <accurate> wiring diagram for my Astro

Thanks

Harry Evan
harry evan
2000 Astro LS AWD
212K and stopped running
Original Poster [OP]
harryevan
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Years of Membership: harryevan has been a member for 13 full yearsharryevan has been a member for 13 full yearsharryevan has been a member for 13 full yearsharryevan has been a member for 13 full yearsharryevan has been a member for 13 full yearsharryevan has been a member for 13 full yearsharryevan has been a member for 13 full yearsharryevan has been a member for 13 full yearsharryevan has been a member for 13 full yearsharryevan has been a member for 13 full yearsharryevan has been a member for 13 full yearsharryevan has been a member for 13 full yearsharryevan has been a member for 13 full years
Topics: 9
Alias (AKA): harry evan
Van Model Year: 2000
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: LS AWD

Re: LS Stock AM/FM Cassette w/ CD

Postby akmo23 » June 3rd 2014, 3:28am

Wiring diagrams are all over, Pull the head unit and look at the adapter 21 pins - the Sony probably doesn't have all the connections to wire in and it cant accommodate you. Assuming rear clock is on accessory's power and rear controls are wired in like steering controls you need a special head unit. Even though its an OLD THREAD thought might bump it due to relevancy with current projects. I would like to see pictures of any one doing a mod on this.
akmo23
Fueling (5/8 tank)
Fueling (5/8 tank)
Years of Membership: akmo23 has been a member for 7 full yearsakmo23 has been a member for 7 full yearsakmo23 has been a member for 7 full yearsakmo23 has been a member for 7 full yearsakmo23 has been a member for 7 full yearsakmo23 has been a member for 7 full yearsakmo23 has been a member for 7 full years
Topics: 7
Alias (AKA): Jinxlinx
Van Model Year: 2001
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: LS