Switch to full site
Talk about audio systems and mobile video, navigation systems and GPS, car alarms and security systems. Discuss auto competition with amplifiers, subwoofers, sound quality, and SPL. Entertain with satellite radio, CB radio, DVD players, and game consoles.
Post a reply

Best Vas to aim for? Dutch door "subs"...

August 31st 2010, 4:43pm

I think the DS is about 1.5 cuft and the PS is around 1 cuft. Looking to get some longer - throw 6.5" subwoofers (or woofers) to take advantage of the stock location in the dutch doors. I've already had everything apart and lined them with dynamat in anticipation. :lol:

Also - I like fish. What front door speakers would give me the most bass? :mrgreen:

Re: Best Vas to aim for? Dutch door "subs"...

August 31st 2010, 5:18pm

Front doors also can mount 6.5" spkr , maybe use the same spkr there as used in the rear combined with the factory door mounted tweeters above them, Not sure what spkr is actually the best , cause cost is a factor . I seen 6.5" Pioneers at walmart playing in the display and they did rock quite well. They cost about $70-75 pair and handle 80 watts per spkr,160 watts per pair, Think the bass was as low as 35-40 Hz. There are better, for a lot more money but think they would do well for front door spkrs combined with amplified rear spkrs
Post a reply