No "High" setting working on blower selection

No "High" setting working on blower selection

Postby Lookout1979 [OP] » February 10th 2012, 4:07pm

I have read many posts on this and usually they come up with the one thing being the wiring connection being burnt that is behind the coolant tank - When I first test drove the van the 'high' setting on the a/c controls did not work, during the test drive it all of a sudden started working again, a week later when I bought the van, it still worked... for about 3 days. I have just let it be until now - I want to know what the deal is... I did not remove the coolant tank but was able to look at the connection and do not see any burnt or loose wires in that connection as you can see in the picture. Any advice on what the culprit could be? All other speeds work just fine however I do have the vacuum issue that sends panel vent air up to defrost or to the floor (one or the other) while going up hill, accelerating etc and i've heard that is a pretty easy fix with a new vac hose that goes into the manifold but that one I haven't even attempted to deal with yet... right now I would like to simply get some input on the high blower setting. Rear A/C and Rear Heat controls all work in all speeds. Could this be a fault in the main unit itself?
Attachments
Connection.jpg
Original Poster [OP]
Lookout1979
Fueling (1/2 tank)
Fueling (1/2 tank)
Years of Membership: Lookout1979 has been a member for 9 full yearsLookout1979 has been a member for 9 full yearsLookout1979 has been a member for 9 full yearsLookout1979 has been a member for 9 full yearsLookout1979 has been a member for 9 full yearsLookout1979 has been a member for 9 full yearsLookout1979 has been a member for 9 full yearsLookout1979 has been a member for 9 full yearsLookout1979 has been a member for 9 full years
Topics: 8
Alias (AKA): Lookout1979
Van Model Year: 1998
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: 4.3 Vortec AWD

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author

Re: No "High" setting working on blower selection

Postby Phantom » February 10th 2012, 4:17pm

In order to see the burnt connector you have to pull the plug apart , there is also another connector over behind the battery that gets the same problem
Attachments
Resistor Plug.jpg
Phantom
Firing on 7 Cylinders (L4)
Firing on 7 Cylinders (L4)
Years of Membership: Phantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full yearsPhantom has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 15
Alias (AKA):
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro