Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Hose from Compressor to condenser has bulge. 2005 Astro

987 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Leeann_93 
#1 ·
On the hose, actually the pipe portion, that runs from the high pressure output of the compressor to the condenser there is a larger diameter section. What is this? I am in the process of rinsing all of the system components in preparation of installing a new compressor. The reason to clean the parts I am told is to remove any debris that the failed compressor may have produced and pumped into the system. Is this bulge in the line some kind of screen or filter? Is it important to flow the cleaning solution in the backwards direction to get it clean? I suppose cleaning any of the components is likely to work best with cleaning solution flow in opposite direction of normal refrigerant flow.

#4 ·
If it's what I think it is, it's a muffler. I don't think it has a screen or anything else - it's just a change in size, like a resonator in some exhaust systems, to eliminate a harmonic someone didn't like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.