1 3/8" thermostat housing ?

1 3/8" thermostat housing ?

Postby webcat [OP] » September 16th 2009, 11:36pm

where do i get a 1 3/8" thermostat housing ? i looked all over online , summit , jegs etc.
The thermostat housing that was on my vortec is 1 /3/8" but the spout points off to the side , i cant have it point to the side or my radiator hose will hit my AC compressor!
Attachments
1.JPG
Original Poster [OP]
webcat
Firing on 3 Cylinders (L3)
Years of Membership: webcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 253
Alias (AKA): Larry aka Rambo
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: g10 5.7L vortec

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author
  • AC evaporator housing
    by statesblue » January 6th 2021, 2:27pm in Climate Control
    1 Replies
    Last post by markmitch View the latest post
    January 6th 2021, 4:39pm
  •  
    Last post by AstroSafari.com View the latest post
    January 24th 2021, 10:17am

Re: 1 3/8" thermostat housing ?

Postby moneymaker » November 23rd 2009, 7:15pm

Did you fix it yet? I had a problem with that hose when I put the V8 in. I happened to find a hose in my shop that goes up and over to radiator, that doesnt come to the front of the ac compressor. If you need the part number to that hose, I will have to look when I get home on wednesday and send it to you.
moneymaker
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Firing on 1 Cylinder (L1)
Firing on 1 Cylinder (L1)
Years of Membership: moneymaker has been a member for 11 full yearsmoneymaker has been a member for 11 full yearsmoneymaker has been a member for 11 full yearsmoneymaker has been a member for 11 full yearsmoneymaker has been a member for 11 full yearsmoneymaker has been a member for 11 full yearsmoneymaker has been a member for 11 full yearsmoneymaker has been a member for 11 full yearsmoneymaker has been a member for 11 full yearsmoneymaker has been a member for 11 full yearsmoneymaker has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 7
Alias (AKA):

Postby webcat [OP] » November 23rd 2009, 7:51pm

I got one from a older Astro at pick n pull and then tapped a hole so i could thread my temp sensor in .
But thanks!
Original Poster [OP]
webcat
Years of Membership: webcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full years

Postby $uperJoe » November 23rd 2009, 9:58pm

webcat let me see a pic of that hose and assembly. mine should plug right into the radiator with a shortening of the hose before the last bend. it will work like that and fit behind the ac comp as did on the truck but with the connection if there is a better way ill go that route
Don't explain it poorly 5 times. Take the 15 seconds to go out and take a picture of it!!
Please do not confuse idle conversation with technical advise

Check out my Van build
$uperJoe
Firing on 4 Cylinders (L2)
Years of Membership: $uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 59
Alias (AKA):
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari

Postby webcat [OP] » November 24th 2009, 11:10pm

I dont have the vortec TBI intake on anymore $uperjoe , I put my multipoint FI intake back on , i was just experimenting with the TBI setup on there , i could get you a picture of the thermastat housing i used !
let me know if you could use that!
Original Poster [OP]
webcat

Postby $uperJoe » November 24th 2009, 11:27pm

i am using the multi point as well. thats the setup i was wondering about. which setup are you talking about. i would like to see all types of pics but the tbi is not necessary for me. i am confused now.
Don't explain it poorly 5 times. Take the 15 seconds to go out and take a picture of it!!
Please do not confuse idle conversation with technical advise

Check out my Van build
$uperJoe
Years of Membership: $uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 59
Alias (AKA):
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari

Postby webcat [OP] » November 25th 2009, 12:03am

i could'nt get you multi point pics of the complete assembly just the intake but i can describe how it is !
The thermastat houseing neck points to the right and slightly to the rear about a .5" and the hose runs behind the AC compressor and then turns to go around the compressor and then goes up at a slight angle for about 6 " and then goes perfectly horizontal and straight into the radiator!
Attachments
96 vortecintakeonbench.jpg
Last edited by webcat on November 25th 2009, 12:36am, edited 4 times in total.
Original Poster [OP]
webcat

Postby webcat [OP] » November 25th 2009, 12:22am

$uperJoe wrote:which setup are you talking about.

I was talking about a vortec engine and heads that i put a carb intake on and then put a adapter plate on so i could mount a throttle body from a TBI system!
Original Poster [OP]
webcat