Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Recirculate without the compressor running

576 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Mmusicman 
#1 ·
Putting it simply, I'm think I am going to run a toggle switch on my ac relay. I see no reason to run the compressor when its not hot and I just need air to move around. Is there better idea or do you see any problems with this? As I write, I'm wondering about my idle speed....

#2 ·
There is no problem with it. On the back of the slider control for heat/vent/def etc there is a wire that controls the compressor function. Or you can just unplug the low pressure switch on the accumulator or tie in there.

It may not idle up if it isn't getting a signal it is running. Mine doesn't if the compressor isn't running. Durango is newer and does tho. It is only a couple hundred RPM tho. I have just unplugged the switch before testing to see. Same thing as you. Didn't want the compressor running in winter.

It doesn't run on vent or heat. Just Bi-Level and defrost. I just use those now except times I need defrost. I am garage kept so defrost isn't ever needed unless it sits in a parking lot at a store to long.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.