Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Please link to AstroSafari.com

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Gary 
#1 ·
Dear Members of AstroSafari.com,

I'm writing today to enlist your help. Our reach on the web relies heavily on the presence of back-links. Back-links are simple hyperlinks pointing from your site to http://www.AstroSafari.com.

Example:
Code:
AstroSafari.com- 
Online community and discussion forum based on the popular Chevrolet Astro and GMC Safari vans.
It is my humble request that if any of you members manage a website of your own, would you please add a link to http://www.AstroSafari.com? Be it a personal webpage, social network profile (myspace, facebook, twitter, etc.), or small business site, every link helps us increase our search engine rankings and draw in a larger crowd of fellow van enthusiasts. No site is too small or insignificant; all links are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

If you would like to furnish me with a link to the page that you've linked to us from, I would love to admire your support. If you have any questions, please send me a private message or email me at support@astrosafari.com

Thanks again,

See less See more
#3 ·
Question here. I've never been to this site untill just recently so I am reading all the rules to make sure I'm a good boy. One of the is the following:

Spamming

b. Members are asked not to disclose any 3rd party site, bulletin board, news feed, forum, blog, or any similar web site. If the post has the only purpose of publicizing a similar genre site or another party, the offending link will be removed. If the user continues to post in the same manner the user will be warned. #

This topic is asking me to do just that on other web sites. Plus the first reply to this topic actually mentions another site. I will follow your rules Austin when I am here but I would expect the same from you. I don't think it is very fair that I can be somewhere else and lead somebody here to read up on something but while here I can't help somebody by leading them elsewhere for something. If that is how it works here you can remove me from the members list please.

Just my thoughts, Bill

#5 ·
Let me restate:
AstroAustin said:
If you have any questions, please send me a private message or email me at support@astrosafari.com
Thanks again,
kidhauler, we don't restrict from linking "to any site from this one". You can post links to just about any site on the internet. But, there are a few restrictions for good reasons. We also are not quick to ban people for this.

Please see this topic: Reasons for Rule6b

#7 ·
Austin-I think the suggestion I gave to a solution to removing the rule 6b was glazed over.I am suggesting you need to explore more completely the paid advertising aspect of this site.Leave the love of the vans behind you and treat the site as a business.Thus far you say it hasn't produced results,but could that be because of approach??.Not to jack this thread,but a input that effective resolves the need of the rule 6a.(because advertisers drive members threads and members threads drive advertisers)Then you wouldn't be so concerned about non-spam postings,but moreover your concerns would be more focused on how to attract and keep advertisers happy.And the ref's in search engines or the SEO's would straighten it's self out.Serving on a board that's ownership is 70 sites and just turned over 100,000 posts as I have, has opened my eyes to the possibility of the commercial untapped capability this site holds.

Long and short of it,don't boss(Austin with all due respect)sweat the small stuff.There isn't a "like site" like this one.If the ref's for info is somewhere else......than it is.We provide a very valuable source for info all on our own.This site's posts in fact move so fast that some of it I think gets missed.Any other site like this one doesn't even compare to this one in terms of that.The members still post here not due to any rule 6B and the build of site isn't because of a rule either.People stay for any number of reasons of their own choice.I do think if we provide our own I.D.,the ref links will happen all on their own once it is earned by our actions and threads.Not for nothing my 2 cents.

:2: :2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.