lOOKING TO 3 WHEEL THE SAFARI

lOOKING TO 3 WHEEL THE SAFARI

Postby big jim [OP] » May 12th 2009, 1:56pm

I am looking to 3 wheel (DOG LEG) the safari. I have seen it done but dont know how to do it. I have Firestone bags and 1/2" valves currently. Does any one know how it is done?
Original Poster [OP]
big jim
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: big jim has been a member for 11 full yearsbig jim has been a member for 11 full yearsbig jim has been a member for 11 full yearsbig jim has been a member for 11 full yearsbig jim has been a member for 11 full yearsbig jim has been a member for 11 full yearsbig jim has been a member for 11 full yearsbig jim has been a member for 11 full yearsbig jim has been a member for 11 full yearsbig jim has been a member for 11 full yearsbig jim has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 3
Alias (AKA):

Re: lOOKING TO 3 WHEEL THE SAFARI

Postby AstroAustin » May 12th 2009, 2:37pm

I can dog leg with mine...

When I get more time I'll explain how I do it.
-AstroAustin
[email protected]
Full FBSS Air Suspension :: Triangulated 4-Link :: Engine Driven Compressor :: 4 Air Tanks :: 1/2" SMC Valves :: Phantom Billet Grill
AstroAustin
Technical Director
Technical Director
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L1)
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: AstroAustin has been a member for 13 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 13 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 13 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 13 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 13 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 13 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 13 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 13 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 13 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 13 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 13 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 13 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 13 full years
Topics: 120
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1988
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: 4.3L V6 FBSS AirRide

Postby big jim [OP] » May 12th 2009, 2:42pm

Yours is the one I seen on you tube doing it. Please let me know how you did it when you get a chance so that I can hook it up. Thanks
Original Poster [OP]
big jim
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: big jim has been a member for 11 full yearsbig jim has been a member for 11 full yearsbig jim has been a member for 11 full yearsbig jim has been a member for 11 full yearsbig jim has been a member for 11 full yearsbig jim has been a member for 11 full yearsbig jim has been a member for 11 full yearsbig jim has been a member for 11 full yearsbig jim has been a member for 11 full yearsbig jim has been a member for 11 full yearsbig jim has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 3
Alias (AKA):

Postby SuperNova » July 30th 2009, 4:43pm

hey if you look at lowrider magazine tech archives they talk about making three wheeling possible for airbagged sedans. There is a product that is like a hydro pump but its an air cylinder The name escapes me now. The long made short of it is that if you set the ride up like any other active suspension you can three wheel the front end. You know chain bridge, refabbed drive shaft, ect. or you could just go hydro. That legging thing is new to me but I think you couldn't run that on a lsd or posi. but i guess if you could figure out a way to blend the fabrication you could three on all four corners. best of lucc mang. :handgestures-fingerscrossed: :handgestures-fingerscrossed:
1986 Astro, Stock drivetrain and suspension, and body. Regular petroleum from whatever station I am near. Rest of the particulars soon to come.
SuperNova
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Years of Membership: SuperNova has been a member for 11 full yearsSuperNova has been a member for 11 full yearsSuperNova has been a member for 11 full yearsSuperNova has been a member for 11 full yearsSuperNova has been a member for 11 full yearsSuperNova has been a member for 11 full yearsSuperNova has been a member for 11 full yearsSuperNova has been a member for 11 full yearsSuperNova has been a member for 11 full yearsSuperNova has been a member for 11 full yearsSuperNova has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 6
Alias (AKA):

Postby $uperJoe » July 30th 2009, 6:44pm

basically you need to have seperates on your box. air all bags up and drop one of the front corners. this will shift the weight of the ride so the rear opposite comes off the ground. in the video the van is coasting and after the front pass corner is lowered and the brakes are applied the normal dive in a braking situation is transferred to the dropped wheel bringing the rear even higher. thats why the van comes down slightly when the momentum stops. if you are going to practice this go to a parking lot where there is open space. im sure the first time you hit the switches while driving it was quite the thrill. partly because of what happened and also because you were not thinking the vehicle would handle this way. when doing one corner the unexpected action is compounded and trys to make the vehicle turn. if you are not expecting this you may end up right off the road or worse into another car
Don't explain it poorly 5 times. Take the 15 seconds to go out and take a picture of it!!
Please do not confuse idle conversation with technical advise

Check out my Van build
$uperJoe
Firing on 4 Cylinders (L2)
Firing on 4 Cylinders (L2)
Years of Membership: $uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 59
Alias (AKA):
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari