Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

new to site, old to my safari

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Big_kid 
#1 ·
HELLO EVERYONE! I'm Dj .

I've got an 89 Safari with power everything but no sunroof. And I've had it for about 6 years or so.
It's black/silver two tone with an orange pinstripe and GMC logo on the front. It's loaded with stuff I added over the years like Akuza Zone 18" rims with 45's, and a recently rebuilt Mercury Marine 4.3 Vortek carburated engine, a 1000watt Sony Explode amp with a 1 Ferret capacitor driving 3 x 10" rockfords in the coffin behind the rear seat and a Rockford 200watt amp running the Jensen 100watt 3way 6x9" 's in the dash, the alpine deck runs the rest of the Jensens all over the van totalling around 1300watts of bone shaking tunage.

The reason I'm here is that I just got a knock on my front door this morning from Sanj :bowing: (an existing member of this forum). He wanted to take a picture of my van so he could copy it's paint scheme on one of his vans :bravo: and to post pictures of it on the forum here. I know my van looks great :punk: , but I was quite taken back by his knowledge of these vans and how much he liked the look of mine :banana: . He told me about astrosafari.com so I thought I'd check it out. I don't have any pictures of my van on this computer as it's a temporary one I'm using until my other pc is back up and running(damn Viruses). :pirate:
So, I can't wait to see what you guys have done to your vans, and maybe there's a car show I could go to around here to see some for real. Where do you keep the pics here anyway :read: ? Is there a picture lounge or something where you post all the pics?
Welp, I'm looking forward to meeting you online, and sharing pictures n stuff. Ps, I am looking to sell my van thanks to gas prices and a recent marital status change, so if anyone is interested please let me know. :thumbup:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.