Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Newb

625 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  G-O-W-N 
#1 ·
Hi to all, I'm a new member and will hopefully be a new owner by the end of this week. I have a few astro/safari vans I'm looking at and hopefully will be making a decision this week. Are there any pointers or things i should look out for before making my purchase? I'm interested in a hi-top conversion that will be going on plenty of road trips. I'm in the Chicago area and all three I've seen have 150k miles or better, actually one of the has 185k on the dash. Thanks.

#5 ·
Thanks everyone. I did make a purchase and i got the 99 GMC Safari 2WD. It has 190k miles. So far I love it. It just needs a few minor things here and there but overall its gonna be a great driver for the many road trips to come. I have not done any mods yet but I plan on it very soon. I will start with headlights and taillights and maybe have the rims redone and powdercoated. Later a stereo system and new tv & dvd. Before any mods first i will get some of the missing interior trim pieces, switches, and the minor repairs. I know it needs wheel bearings and ball joints from what i can hear. I havent goten under there yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.