Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

94 Safari no start

752 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  AstroWill 
#1 ·
Hi People, new member Art.,....my August 1994 safari sits around quite a bit, and was really running rough.... I figured the spider injectors were probably toast.... I bought a new set locally here in BC Canada and installed.... one of them sort of broke apart as it was stuck in there with all the junk from 94 till just now... Cleaned up all the 6 injector holes and the new ones slipped in really smoothly...
Before I changed out the spider I checked for spark and it seemed really strong !... so I figured must be fuel.... however after my cancer surgery recovery about 2 months before I got to it... the spark had disappeared.... followed the Haynes diagnosis and it sounded replace the ignition module... I did this and still no spark...
So picked up a new dizzy and installed... great massive spark, at coil wire and spark plugs... but no firing.. so are the injectors not operating... I did plug in the 12v connector atop of the spider before putting the top back on....
Any ideas :( :( :( :( :( :( :( people.??? Regards/... Art..

#2 ·
Do you smell fuel when it's cranking and not starting? What is your fuel pressure?

Put the engine back at TDC on the compression stroke and check your distributor is installed properly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.