Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

New member!

780 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  AstroWill 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I've already posted a question in one of the other forums (and got some very helpful tips very quickly, thank you!) but I wanted to introduce myself!

I didn't expect to be an Astro Van owner but ended up unexpectedly moving up to Alaska for work this year. As luck would have it, a colleague leaving the same job had a '98 AWD Astro Van with 114k miles on it that she wanted to sell quickly. The only issue? Some accident damage from a t-bone on the driver's side, and a reconstructed title.

I bought the van for $600, and once I got here, was excited to see that mechanically, it felt like a much younger vehicle. I've been tinkering with it for the last month; with new door lock actuators, vacuum hoses for the climate control, seat belt buckles, and a tune-up, it feels like a relatively new van. A body shop was able to pull out one of the worst dents on the driver's side, which was causing a leak because the side window was not sitting flush with the body of the van.

I love this thing and have already taken it camping! I think it will last me at least few years, and look forward to continuing to work on it myself when I can. This is an awesome community and I'm really excited to be a part of it.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.