Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Hello from Ontario!!! Meet VANDAYUM!!!

947 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  SportsBoy 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone!!!

My name's Kam Murdoch.

Recently for my part time job my boss had me take the shelves out of his 2003 astro cargo van to go in his construction trailer, he had mentioned to me about scrapping the van.

I gave it a thorough once over (underneath, under the hood, inside etc.) And asked if he would sell it to me and I would give it to my step son as his first vehicle. He told me 500 bucks so now this beaut is sitting in my driveway.

Long story short, after spending a lot of time and money boot strapping this project I plan on getting it very close to looking like the photo below.

'm sure I will spend a lot of time asking y'all really stupid questions so be prepared I may have a lot of them

Thanks very much for you time fellas, have an awesome day!!

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
VANDAYUM said:
I'm new to this whole forum stuff what's a build thread?
hi kam,
you just started your very own "build thread".
just document what you do to turn your van into what you want it to be right on this thread (take lots of pictures to illustrate what you are doing) - it grows & grows - we get follow along with what you do......

#11 ·
Except technically you're supposed to do it in the "Builds" section of the forum for it to be super legit

What I've always wondered is why Cargo did so much crazy stuff to his van, but it has taken him years to replace an engine - I feel like he could do it in a day with the skills he demonstrated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.