Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

New Member with Description of Recent Astro Purchase

2K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Leeann_93 
#1 ·
Hello AstroSafari.com members. My name is Warren Tracy in Prescott, AZ. Recently purchased a desert dry 2000 Chevy Astro Cargo Van 4WD. Only 146K on the clock. I am in the early days of converting it to an "Adventure Van". As luck would have, Journeys Off-Road, who specializes in Astro / Safari lift kits is just two miles away...had no idea. So, already got them boys to put a 3" lift on 'er and some 29" x 9.5" on my stock steelies. Hitting the sound deadening (Kilmat) and insulation this weekend. Looks like this is "the" place for info. These are the "before & after" pix after the first two weeks. Gutted the plumber racks, cleaned, lifted and some fresh paint on the bumpers, side mirrors along with new halogen lamps upfront. Thank you so much!

#10 ·
Hi Ken (Tungtide),

Gave Mike the keys at 9AM, it was ready at 3PM. Had to wait on the tires as his changer was down and he had to run them over to a third party. Nothing but 5 star, platinum, gold plated service from them. Really a bargain for the time and work involved I feel. Super knowledgeable about the vans which makes them so efficient. No disappointment whatsover.

#13 ·
I'm a new member and had to respond because I'm waiting on a delivery from Georgia up here to Connecticut on my purchase. 2000 Chevy Astro Cargo AWD with 141K.
It isn't desert dry but it doesn't have a speck of rust somehow. It's got racks in the back which I'll try to sell but also a powerverter which could definitely come in handy. I too am looking to convert it into an adventure vehicle.
Here are 2 interesting facts:
1-The Astro was modeled after the Space Shuttle.
2-Arizona is the state with the most snakes and Georgia is second.

Good luck with your build. I can't wait.

#15 ·
Welcome from South Florida!
(a little late.. just seeing this post)

I'm on my 2nd 2000 Astro.. first was a NEW cargo work van, what I'm driving now is 2000 LS AWD/4x4.

You've found the RIGHT place!
Also, welcome to the "white van club"... lol :D

#18 ·
mlennox said:
Great to be here. I'm in the northwest corner of Connecticut. The Litchfield hills area. I'm originally from Long Island,NY so this is like Alaska to me...another reason I went for the AWD.
I'm from Simsbury, so not far. My mom lives with my brother in Simsbury now. The AWD has never failed me, even in snowstorms in Simsbury.

My dad was from Port Washington.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.