Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Delinquent newbie

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  dcsleeper 
#1 ·
After almost 2 years I guess I'm a little delinquent in introducing myself. This forum and all the technical posts have been an invaluable resource to me. I purchased my stock 2005 GMC Safari Cargo AWD in 2019 and have been slowly converting it. There are so many knowledgeable posters here that I can't name them all but Captn.Crunch, WinnieVan and HotWire have been especially helpful to me through their posts. I am an amateur with 40 years experience LOL and do my own work, so the build is taking some time. So far mods include 3+1 lift, lift keys and rear S-10 leafs. I'm running BFG KO2s that are about 30". I haven't opened the rear fenders yet. For the drive train I re-geared to 4.11 (I'll be towing a small trailer) and have MFactory helical LSD in front and TrueTrac helical LSD in the rear. I built a hybrid NP231/NP233 transfer case and installed a TeraLow 2L kit. Due to using parts from both transfer cases everything was bolt-in except for having to have the rear driveshaft lengthened 2 inches and fabricating some of the shift linkage. Thank you to everyone and I'm really enjoying following your builds and methods for working out issues!
- ontrekker :ty:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome after all these years - Nice Build ya' got there.

LSDs - front and rear - seems Jeannie n' I said that a few times in the mid 70s.

:banana-dreads: :banana-dreads: :banana-dreads: :banana-dreads:

#5 ·
Better late than never!

Van looks GREAT... build sounds FANTASTIC!
Wow! Love the LSD and 4.11 gears front and rear!
(I'd LOVE to do that to mine)

Welcome from sunny and warm South Florida!
PS: Welcome to the white van club too.. lol

#7 ·
Welcome to the site! Nice looking van!

markmitch said:
May I ask where you got the LSD's from?
ontrekker said:
MFactory helical LSD in front and TrueTrac helical LSD in the rear

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.