Switch to full site
Hello and welcome to the best and original home for Astro & Safari owners. Please introduce yourself to the community and make yourself at home. Tell us about yourself and post your introductions and welcome messages here.

Forum rules

Please do not post support requests in the new members lounge! This forum is for new member introductions and assistance only. Please post other topics in their appropriate areas so they stay categorized.
Post a reply

New Member with 4X4 Safari

July 26th 2013, 5:34pm

Hello,

I am new to the Astro/Safari scene but definitely not new to the car/truck scene.

I just purchased this 87 4X4 GMC Safari van while on Vacation in Nevada. The truck will be shipped back home to me next week.

The story is that the van was converted years ago, maybe when new, by a 4x4 shop in Vegas for a television/radio station. When sold by the station the van went to an owner who kept the truck for 20 years. The third owner was a friend of the second owner. The truck has always been in the Las Vegas area since new. I will be shipping the truck to Tennessee.

Pictures of the van in as purchased condition are below. Any thoughts, opinions and suggestions concerning the van and upgrades are encouraged!

I look forward to hearing your comments!

Mike

Nashville Tennessee

http://s263.photobucket.com/user/mjs-13 ... uly%202013

Re: New Member with 4X4 Safari

July 26th 2013, 5:59pm

Welcome to the forum! Cool van! Looks like it's gonna be a serious project.

:banana:

August 1st 2013, 8:19pm

Welcome

August 1st 2013, 10:28pm

Looks pretty sweet, would love a solid front axle and lockable hubs...... one day....

looks like you buy a lot of vehicles :D

August 2nd 2013, 1:53am

Welcome to the forum,

Keith
Post a reply