Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

New Astro Owner

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  astroturf 
#1 ·
Hello. Newbie here with a 1998 Astro. Got some upgrades planned over the next year or so.

Just saying Hi.

#3 ·
Jasen said:
Welcome to A/S

Got any pics of your rig.
I'll try and grab a few tonight. It is stock right now. Soon it will be getting a 5.3 v8. I am torn right now between the 5.3 and the 5.3 silverado hybrid setup. I don't know if I want the hassle of getting the hybrid stuff working. 4 wheel disc brakes and a 6lug upgrade with 8.5inch rear axle are in the work as well as a 1.5 rear drop and a 1inch front drop. I might go 2inchs out back to bring everything to level. Also looking into a rack and pinion conversion. I really hate the dual idler setup on these trucks.

I'll grab some pics tonight. Van has 150K on it now. Paint job will be in order once all the mechanicals are upgraded.

#7 ·
I'll be sure to pull in and say hello the next time I am in the thumb of the mitt. :) Any time I am in an arguing mood, I'll start a conversation with the geographically challenged to talk about the few places in the US (outside of Alaska) where you have to go SOUTH in order to cross over the Canadian border.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.