My 4-5" OLV Lift kit build thread.

Re: My 4-5" OLV Lift kit build thread.

Postby SilverBullet1997 [OP] » March 6th 2014, 1:11am

Yes, Yes, I know I still need to do a total write up on the build thread before I forget about it, and have Shane send me the pics he took from it too so I can incorporate those....

But thanks to the OLV Lift kit, I was able to get my 31x10.50R15 BFGoodrich A/T TA KO Tires installed yesterday.

Jasen and I did this last night, we took off my old wheels and installed these.

There was a lot of cutting and trimming and bashing with a BFH up front in the fender wells to make them clear without rubbing, But we did it and it works now. Took 5 hours just to do the front, but we did remove the headlights, grill and bumper cover, so that we could get a nice cut along that, that did take a good portion of that time. But I am really happy with the way the curve came out on the bumper, the bumper looks like it flows with the rest of the van, and my approach angle is awesome now! :dance:

I think that other astro in the background might be a little jealous now....

Anyhow, the tires are BFGoodrich A/T T/A K'O's 31x1050x15. The rims are Crager Soft 8's 8x15, I picked up the wheels(rims and tires) from Discount Tire, When I got them home, I called them up and said where is my Chrome Center Caps, He said that they do not come with them, that they are extra.... I was like WHAT? They showed them on the picture on the website and in the store, didn't say anything about those being extra(at least not that I observed) so they said they would get me those at no charge(I love Discount Tire), and they forgot to give me my box of lug nuts... Damnit! So I had to reuse my old ones for now, until I can pick those up.

Jasen purchased my LT215/75r15's and took them home with him. But he needs my lugs to be able to put the OEM center caps on his van, so he'll have to get those later. :P

Although, I can not go with any wider of tire without doing a modification to the slider, already as it is, when the slider is fully open the inner passenger trim is sitting tight against the wheel, So I may cut some of that out.... We'll see later in the season as my tires get muddy, we'll see how much of it will get in to the van....
R.I.P.-1997 Astro AWD SilverBullet I 4-9-1997 to 2-17-2015 - Cause of death: Rear-ended
R.I.P.-1999 Astro AWD SilverBullet II 1-4-1999 - July-2016 - Cause of death: Roadrash passenger side

Current: 1999 Astro AWD GreenBullet I - Purchased 02/2018
Original Poster [OP]
SilverBullet1997
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L2)
Years of Membership: SilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full yearsSilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full yearsSilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full yearsSilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full yearsSilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full yearsSilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full yearsSilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full years
Topics: 54
Alias (AKA): Silver or Bullet or SB
Van Model Year: 1999
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: 7in Lift AWD Z71

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author

Postby Jasen » March 6th 2014, 6:00am

Hey that bumper looks pretty good in the light. Guess I wasn't to drunk when I made that cut :)
I'm a Journeyman woodworker,
Every projects a journey man.

Ultra gauge

Being a mad scientist IS NOT as easy as it look's on TV

Jasen
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: Jasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 260
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1997
Extra Info: AWD cargo Dutch door

Postby trlentz » March 6th 2014, 4:53pm

That was a really nice cut, the curve is balanced very nicely in to your cut that removed the lower air dam, good job and the wheels and tires have given your van a better jump off the road any where look.
trlentz
Fueling (3/8 tank)
Fueling (3/8 tank)
Years of Membership: trlentz has been a member for 8 full yearstrlentz has been a member for 8 full yearstrlentz has been a member for 8 full yearstrlentz has been a member for 8 full yearstrlentz has been a member for 8 full yearstrlentz has been a member for 8 full yearstrlentz has been a member for 8 full yearstrlentz has been a member for 8 full years
Topics: 5
Alias (AKA): MagicBus
Van Model Year: 2000
Extra Info: AWD

Postby SilverBullet1997 [OP] » March 6th 2014, 5:23pm

trlentz wrote:That was a really nice cut, the curve is balanced very nicely in to your cut that removed the lower air dam, good job and the wheels and tires have given your van a better jump off the road any where look.

Thanks trlentz!
R.I.P.-1997 Astro AWD SilverBullet I 4-9-1997 to 2-17-2015 - Cause of death: Rear-ended
R.I.P.-1999 Astro AWD SilverBullet II 1-4-1999 - July-2016 - Cause of death: Roadrash passenger side

Current: 1999 Astro AWD GreenBullet I - Purchased 02/2018
Original Poster [OP]
SilverBullet1997
Years of Membership: SilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full yearsSilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full yearsSilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full yearsSilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full yearsSilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full yearsSilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full yearsSilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full years
Topics: 54
Alias (AKA): Silver or Bullet or SB
Van Model Year: 1999
Extra Info: 7in Lift AWD Z71

Previous