just a couple of questions

just a couple of questions

Postby mechanicman81 [OP] » September 7th 2011, 2:29am

Ok here goes, been thinking of doing an astro V8 swap for a few years now and one finally landed in my lap. got a 92 astro van rwd for free that wasnt running right so Traced it down to a worn out fuel pump. had a pump for a 91 tbi 350 so I installed it and the van turned out great. So I have been putting together my parts list for the swap and got a 89 chev 1500 rwd truck for the swap. has everything i need to do it. But like everybody else I have a couple of questions, such as the computer that is in the truck is the one on the list, will it plug into the stock wiring of the 92 van, which is the prefered waterpump/fan clutch combo to go with(V6 or V8)? Was planning on using the truck exhaust manifolds for the swap and just wanted to confirm that there are no issues in doing so. does any wiring need to be extended(saved the entire wiring harness from the truck just incase). Sorry for the same old song and dance but I just wanted to make sure i had it all ready to go. And any other swap tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated.
Original Poster [OP]
mechanicman81
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: mechanicman81 has been a member for 9 full yearsmechanicman81 has been a member for 9 full yearsmechanicman81 has been a member for 9 full yearsmechanicman81 has been a member for 9 full yearsmechanicman81 has been a member for 9 full yearsmechanicman81 has been a member for 9 full yearsmechanicman81 has been a member for 9 full yearsmechanicman81 has been a member for 9 full yearsmechanicman81 has been a member for 9 full years
Topics: 1
Alias (AKA):
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: ext