Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Location of coolant temp sensor

15K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Lumpy 
#1 ·
Hello, I need to replace the coolant temp sensor on my 1993 chevy astro. anybody know where the sensor is located? I think I might have an idea, if I follow the radiator hose, is the sensor behind the air intake box/tube? I'm not really sure, any help would be appreciated.

#3 ·
There are two coolant temp sensors on the 4.3. The one for the computor is on the passenger side of the water outlet housing (T-stat).

The one for the gage is inbetween spark plugs number 3 and 5 on the driver side cylinder head. Make sure you procure and change the

proper part.

Uncle Bob

#4 ·
The one on the side of the motor is a single wire that is attached to the sensor, don't try to pull it off, you have to disconnect it from the harness, not the sensor...not sure why it was designed that way.

#5 ·
redfury said:
The one on the side of the motor is a single wire that is attached to the sensor, don't try to pull it off, you have to disconnect it from the harness, not the sensor...not sure why it was designed that way.
On my 89 that sensor connection is a regular push on, pull off spade thingie, not a pigtail.

Lump

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.