Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

wont idle...

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ASTRO808 
#1 ·
It's a 93 s10... but still same engine... 4.3 overhead dual injectors... so injector has been changed... sparks n rotors are new... runs fime at normal speed... but dies when or really rough... I cleaned the idle control valve... so could the valve still be bad or something else... when I do get it idling... it instantly dies when I turn on ac... help...

#3 ·
Yeah, sounds like there is a problem with the IAC. You might want to check to make sure you are getting a good 12v and ground as well as see where the 5v signal is.

#5 ·
Sounds like your IAC isn't moving like it should.

Try a reset first:

IDLE AIR CONTROL (IAC) VALVE

Remove or Disconnect
1. Electrical connector from IAC valve.
2. IAC valve assembly attaching screws.
3. IAC valve assembly.

NOTICE: On IAC valves that have been in service: Do not push or pull on the IAC valve pintle. The force required to move the pintle may damage the threads on the worm drive. Also, do not soak IAC valve in any liquid cleaner or solvent, as damage may result.

Clean and Inspect
 Clean IAC valve and O-ring sealing surface, pintle, valve seat and air passage.
 The IAC valve may be cleaned using GM cleaner 1052626 or GM X-66A. Use a shop towel or parts brush to remove heavy deposits.
 Shiny spots on the pintle or seat are normal, and do not indicate misalignment or a bent pintle shaft.
 If air passage has heavy deposits, remove throttle body for complete cleaning.
 Inspect IAC valve and O-ring for cuts, cracks, or distortion. Replace if damaged.

Important!
 If installing a new IAC valve, be sure to replace with an identical part. IAC valve pintle shape and diameter are designed for the specific application.

Measure (If installing a New IAC Valve)
 Distance between tip of IAC valve pintle and mounting surface.
 If more than 28 mm, use finger pressure to slowly retract the pintle. The force required to retract the pintle of a new valve will not cause damage to the valve.

Install or Connect
1. Lubricate IAC valve O-ring with clean engine oil.
2. IAC valve assembly.
3. IAC valve attaching screws.

Tighten
 IAC valve attaching screws to 3 N-m (27 lb. in.).

4. Electrical connector to IAC valve
5. Reset IAC valve pintle position:

A. Depress accelerator pedal slightly.
B. Start engine and release accelerator pedal, run engine for 5 seconds.
C. Turn ignition "OFF" for 10 seconds.
D. Restart engine and check for proper idle operation.

#6 ·
So I did that... it idles normal for a while then flutters off and on... checked the omh on the IAC... it came out 0.00 like I read... I just ordered a new IAC just cause I'm just cause... can poor fuel delivery cause se of the issues??? I didn't change filter yet... cuz it stumble during g acceleration...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.