POWER STOP KC487336 on rockauto

POWER STOP KC487336 on rockauto

Postby markmitch [OP] » October 14th 2020, 12:09am

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.ph ... 3&jsn=1697

Anyone try them yet? I was thinking of ordering them next month but would really like to here from someone that has tried them. Mark
Original Poster [OP]
markmitch
AstroSafari Pioneer
AstroSafari Pioneer
Firing on 5 Cylinders (L6)
Years of Membership: markmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 609
Alias (AKA): AstroMark or 1st gen
Van Model Year: 1989
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: RS V8

Re: just found these offered on rockauto

Postby Mmusicman » October 14th 2020, 12:57am

markmitch wrote:Anyone try them yet?

I guess you missed my ENTIRE post on these! lol
https://www.astrosafari.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=141372
(although I didn't buy the kit with the rotors..but I likely would have if I had seen them)

Been running them since January.. they're awesome!
https://www.astrosafari.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=141372
2000 Astro LS 4x4 | NP233 | 31" LT265/70R17 Tires | 8" LIFT | 10" TOTAL
92 Chevy Astro Cargo Shorty | V8-350
http://www.CruisinSouthFlorida.com
Mmusicman
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L5)
Years of Membership: Mmusicman has been a member for 7 full yearsMmusicman has been a member for 7 full yearsMmusicman has been a member for 7 full yearsMmusicman has been a member for 7 full yearsMmusicman has been a member for 7 full yearsMmusicman has been a member for 7 full yearsMmusicman has been a member for 7 full years
Topics: 72
Alias (AKA): Scott
Van Model Year: 2000
Extra Info: 2000 4x4 - 92 V8-350

Postby markmitch [OP] » October 14th 2020, 1:34am

Thanks Mmusicman! I will order them over the winter. I have the 11"drums on the rear of my 89 and just replace the pads but when I do the frame swap I want the fronts to be new too. Added to the list. Need good brakes for wheeling.
Original Poster [OP]
markmitch
AstroSafari Pioneer
AstroSafari Pioneer
Years of Membership: markmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 609
Alias (AKA): AstroMark or 1st gen
Van Model Year: 1989
Extra Info: RS V8

Postby sixsix » October 14th 2020, 2:52am

Amazing... simply amazing.

Well, after all... what would Banacek say ?... “Everything needs to change except the asshole culture and stupid way of life of the avg. antifa, BLM follower - slobs, cowards, killers w/o any thought that they, IN FACT, are now the Racists.”

sixsix
Firing on 3 Cylinders (L5)
Firing on 3 Cylinders (L5)
Years of Membership: sixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full years
Topics: 37
Alias (AKA): Mike
Van Model Year: 1992
Extra Info: LT W CPI - RWD 200K

Postby dcsleeper » October 14th 2020, 8:23am

I put oversize pro stop brakes on my RD1 Honda Odyssey. The awesome part was the size upgrade, but no issues with the pro stops. These are 12" fronts and 11" rear discs. I used the Z23 option. Evolution Sport.
Found the cheapest price elsewhere. Shop around hard, these are heavily marketed. Stops like a motorcycle. Look good thru my wheels too.

Please update your User Control Panel to include your location!!! it's in the upper right!
Profile | Edit signature

MI_Ghost wrote:I have no problem spending other peoples money. So feel free to ask for more ideas if you have any extra.
dcsleeper
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L1)
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L1)
Topics: 15
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 2004

Postby Mmusicman » October 14th 2020, 1:54pm

dcsleeper wrote:Look good thru my wheels too.

Very important! lol
One more thing to wash now... :D

Mmusicman
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Years of Membership: Mmusicman has been a member for 7 full yearsMmusicman has been a member for 7 full yearsMmusicman has been a member for 7 full yearsMmusicman has been a member for 7 full yearsMmusicman has been a member for 7 full yearsMmusicman has been a member for 7 full yearsMmusicman has been a member for 7 full years

Re: POWER STOP KC487336 on rockauto

Postby Bengt Weil » October 16th 2020, 5:28am

Hope everyone has had better luck than I as to getting the core refund back from PowerStop...

Original purchase was from CarID, who states they will refund the core credit back to the original form of payment (credit card), which though in print on their web site, was not true. Plenty of calls were made to CarID trying to chase down the core refund, as their documentation clearly states they would credit back the refund, only to find out the refund was to come directly from PowerStop.

Returned my cores to PowerStop well within the required time frame, arriving to them on July 20th. They state the core refund check should be received within 6 to 8 weeks of them receiving the cores.

Well, here it is, 13 weeks and seven phone calls later - NO CHECK. Keep in mind that per their "6 to 8 weeks" time frame, I should have had the check in my mail box by 9/14 (the 6-8 weeks included the mailing time...)

* 9/21 - Check has been cut and should arrive by 9/24 :liar:
* 9/25 - Called back, left message asking for a return call - no response :shrug:
* 9/28 - Left another message... :banghead:
* 9/29 - Spoke w/ext 1160 - was told the check was mailed 9/18 :liar:
* 10/5 - Laurie tells me the check was mailed 9/22 (really?) :liar:
* 10/6 - Check has been generated but not signed yet - should be signed on 10/8 :liar:
* 10/8 - Laurie (the one who on 10/5 told me the check was mailed 9/22) says the check still not signed :roll:
* 10/15 - Still no check - after many calls to CarID prior to 9/15, have asked for a call back from a CarID manager, to occur within 24-48 business hours from today - somebody needs to take some responsibility for the core refund due.

WTF, I pay the core deposit to CarID, in good faith that they are telling the truth that they will credit back my deposit $ directly to the payment form used for purchase, and they move the goal posts and then PowerStop keeps moving them as well. :screaming:

Here's the good news - the calipers look good and work well, no complaints. Will I deal with either of these two companies in the future? Probably not, as their misrepresentation of the core deposit handling is totally inexcusable. :naughty:
Will I recommend either of these companies to friends or enthusiasts - not a chance. I lived up to my obligations to return high quality cores as specified within their time parameters and they have failed to even come close to meeting their obligations.
Keep in mind that this has been an accurate depiction of my experience and (hopefully) your experience would/will be better.

Sorry for the rant but I just wanted to share my experience with the purchase of PowerStop calipers.
Bengt Weil
Fueling (1/2 tank)
Fueling (1/2 tank)
Years of Membership: Bengt Weil has been a member for 7 full yearsBengt Weil has been a member for 7 full yearsBengt Weil has been a member for 7 full yearsBengt Weil has been a member for 7 full yearsBengt Weil has been a member for 7 full yearsBengt Weil has been a member for 7 full yearsBengt Weil has been a member for 7 full years
Topics: 12
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 2003

Postby CopperFiremistCopperFiremist is online! » October 16th 2020, 5:43am

Astro buddy! Don't buy parts off CarID! You pay a deposit because they bank on you not returning the core! Go to a LAPS next time, being cheap these days costs double in the long run..

Copper
Pullin The Pass
CopperFiremistCopperFiremist is online!
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Firing on 1 Cylinder (L2)
Firing on 1 Cylinder (L2)
Years of Membership: CopperFiremist has been a member for 5 full yearsCopperFiremist has been a member for 5 full yearsCopperFiremist has been a member for 5 full yearsCopperFiremist has been a member for 5 full yearsCopperFiremist has been a member for 5 full years
Topics: 24
Alias (AKA): B
Van Model Year: 1998
Extra Info: LS Swap

Postby Mmusicman » October 16th 2020, 12:26pm

Your problem is with CarID (the people who collected your core charge), not Powerstop.
My Powerstops were new and had no core charge.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pwr- ... odel/astro
Mmusicman
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement

Postby Bengt Weil » October 16th 2020, 5:08pm

For the 2003-on calipers, the pricing (and core policy) is quite different from the 2002-back calipers. The info below is for the 2003-on Astro calipers from PowerStop:

LAPS - AutoZone is $223 for fronts (no core chg) and $214 for the rears (no core chg)

https://www.autozone.com/brakes-and-traction-control/brake-caliper-front/power-stop-brake-caliper-s4728/823785_1417000_3559
https://www.autozone.com/brakes-and-traction-control/brake-caliper-rear/power-stop-brake-caliper-s4726/823815_0_0&searchText=S4726

Summit is $175 + $45 core for the fronts ($220) and $118 + $58 core for the rears ($176)

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pwr-s4728/year/2003/make/chevrolet/model/astro
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pwr-s4726/year/2003/make/chevrolet/model/astro

CarID is $111 + $45 core for the fronts ($156) and $85 + $58 core for the rears ($142)

https://www.carid.com/powerstop/performance-floating-rear-brake-calipers-mpn-s4728.html
https://www.carid.com/powerstop/performance-floating-rear-brake-calipers-mpn-s4726.html

Total price for all 4 caliper at LAPS/AutoZone - $437
Total price for all 4 calipers at Summit - $396
Total price for all 4 calipers at CarID - $298*

*With core returns on purchases from LAPS/AutoZone, Summit & Rock Auto, customer has to pay the core return shipping cost back to PowerStop. CarID emailed me postage paid labels to return the cores to PowerStop at no cost to me, other than the initial core deposit charge, which everyone adds or builds into the cost of the calipers for 2003-on Astros.

Now you know why I purchased from CarID and why I let everyone know of my experiences...
Bengt Weil
Fueling (1/2 tank)
Fueling (1/2 tank)
Years of Membership: Bengt Weil has been a member for 7 full yearsBengt Weil has been a member for 7 full yearsBengt Weil has been a member for 7 full yearsBengt Weil has been a member for 7 full yearsBengt Weil has been a member for 7 full yearsBengt Weil has been a member for 7 full yearsBengt Weil has been a member for 7 full years
Topics: 12
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 2003