Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Need part number for column bushing

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  chevymaher 
#1 ·
I need to find the part number for a 1992 Astro steering column LOWER bushing. The bushing that goes into the bottom of the column. Mine fell out and it is impossiable to find. Thanks Butch

#3 ·
The parts lists show it as being discontinued. The only luck you might have is a junk yard.
The mounting brackets are changeable so you might just be able to use the camaro column complete.

#4 ·
^^^^^^Yeah, THAT. EXCEPT, it would be a good idea to cross-reference the turn-signal and dimmer switches, Astro to Camaro, to verify compatibility. Same thing for the Wiper and Cruise switching....
-Mike-

#5 ·
Looks like this steering shaft is going to be wobbly . I saw a site where the Camero guys were Upgrading their bearing to the Astro. Strange but it looks like the '92-'93 Camero are just about the same as Astro. ??? All I need is a bearing and should be able to get that at a bearing supply . Wish me luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.