Return Hose from reservoir to pump

Return Hose from reservoir to pump

Postby gavio [OP] » May 15th 2020, 8:20pm

Well, I had to cut the hose to get it off so I could replace the pump, figuring no problem I will just grab a new one at the LAPS..... This is the large diameter low pressure hose that is held on with clamps....

So Oreilly lists the hose but the detailed description says it is 3/8 ID hose.... The Zone lists the part in their brand, but the details say it is 5/8 ID..... I measure the outlet on the pump and it looks like pretty close to half inch.... WTF?

Any of you who have replaced that hose, what did you use? And from where?

I don't live in town so it's a project to go get stuff, I'd like to know what I'm getting and if they have it before I go.....

Thanks for any help....
2004 Safari, 4 inch lift, NP-231 t-case, 255/70/16 BFGs, home-brewed pop top, full camper, on-board propane, lions and tigers and bears, oh my.....
Original Poster [OP]
gavio
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L2)
Years of Membership: gavio has been a member for 7 full yearsgavio has been a member for 7 full yearsgavio has been a member for 7 full yearsgavio has been a member for 7 full yearsgavio has been a member for 7 full yearsgavio has been a member for 7 full yearsgavio has been a member for 7 full years
Topics: 77
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 2004
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: AWD

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author
  • cracked PS pump can
    by dit » June 26th 2020, 1:21am in Steering
    2 Replies
    Last post by dit View the latest post
    June 26th 2020, 1:56am
  •  
    Last post by AstroSafari.com View the latest post
    September 24th 2020, 2:31am

Re: Return Hose from reservoir to pump

Postby AstroWill » May 15th 2020, 9:21pm

RA lists the ACdelco part as 5/8 ID https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=983876
Basically 16mm or really, really, really close, really.

Is this what you were getting on Oreilly? https://www.oreillyauto.com/shop/b/susp ... rvoir+line

Let me go measure mine. BRB

Measured the top hose(to hydroboost), skinny part of the nipple on the reservoir at 10mm, so ~ 3/8
The bottom hose that goes to the pump, nipple measured at 15mm, so ~ 5/8.

Trolls take away from productive work, best to starve the troll of attention by ignoring it and going about your business.
AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: AstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 106
Alias (AKA): Critical Thinking+Common Sense
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro

Postby gavio [OP] » May 15th 2020, 9:41pm

Now I'm just confused, the AC Delco listing says 5/8 (I'd missed that as I wanted to buy local so I can get er done), and I'd confused the listing on Oreilly with another, so the correct one there also shows 5/8..... The nipple on my pump is def bigger than 3/8.... I will have to measure again and see if I can make it look like 5/8....

There is a 3/8 hose on the side of the reservoir that goes to the hydroboost, but that isn't the one in question.....
2004 Safari, 4 inch lift, NP-231 t-case, 255/70/16 BFGs, home-brewed pop top, full camper, on-board propane, lions and tigers and bears, oh my.....
Original Poster [OP]
gavio
Years of Membership: gavio has been a member for 7 full yearsgavio has been a member for 7 full yearsgavio has been a member for 7 full yearsgavio has been a member for 7 full yearsgavio has been a member for 7 full yearsgavio has been a member for 7 full yearsgavio has been a member for 7 full years
Alias (AKA):

Postby AstroWill » May 15th 2020, 9:46pm

I was updating my post as you were replying, that nipple at the bottom(the one that goes down to the pump) measured at 15mm, so 5/8 for that hose.

Trolls take away from productive work, best to starve the troll of attention by ignoring it and going about your business.
AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director
Years of Membership: AstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 106
Alias (AKA): Critical Thinking+Common Sense

Postby gavio [OP] » May 15th 2020, 10:51pm

OK, cool, thank you for checking... I must have measured wrong.... I'm gonna order one and hopefully put it on tomorrow so I will now for sure then....
Original Poster [OP]
gavio
Alias (AKA):

Postby gavio [OP] » May 16th 2020, 12:43am

Now I feel a little ridiculous..... I measured again the nipple on the pump and it is sort of stepped, the end is about 1/2, while the main body is 5/8.... Should have looked more closely the first time....

Thanks for the help, Will....
Original Poster [OP]
gavio
Alias (AKA):

Postby markmitchmarkmitch is online! » May 16th 2020, 2:26am

They sell a filter that goes inline for the power steering to if your interested. I installed a filter and a cooler on mine just because I can lol.
https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Lares-29 ... jjEALw_wcB

https://autoplicity.com/328911-derale-c ... GEEALw_wcB
markmitchmarkmitch is online!
AstroSafari Pioneer
AstroSafari Pioneer
Firing on 4 Cylinders (L6)
Firing on 4 Cylinders (L6)
Years of Membership: markmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 596
Alias (AKA): AstroMark or 1st gen
Van Model Year: 1989
Extra Info: RS V8