Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

in, out, sent. no movement ??

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Big_kid 
#1 ·
Hi,
I've only just noticed my private messages seem to have got stuck !!

Although they 'appear' to be sent, they don't move from my 'out' box, into 'sent'

It's been like this since mid August, BUT I've only just noticed.

I thought everyone was just ignoring me (can't blame em :violin: :shrug: )

I have looked thru' all the settings etc, but can't see anything wrong.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Messages stay in OUT until the recipient reads them, at which point they move to SENT.

Standard forum practice, no matter what software or who the backend guys are.

Now the lost posts, that's on them.

#5 ·
What happened is that because they decided to restore a site backup instead of fixing the problem, again, is that everything is rolled back. So even if they read your messages within the timeframe of the numerous site restores they are no longer marked as such.

Also, some of the PMs that you sent in that time frame are gone as well, it really makes this place suck, a lot.

#6 ·
Leeann_93 said:
Messages stay in OUT until the recipient reads them, at which point they move to SENT.

Standard forum practice, no matter what software or who the backend guys are.

Now the lost posts, that's on them.
Okay then, I didn't know that !! thanks.
So I won't sweat over it any more.

Website problems or not, I'm thankful that the forum is still running.
(that FB place is 99% a waste of space, forums rock!)

Thanks everyone.

#7 ·
FB groups have their place, forums have their place. FB is good for almost real time chat, but a horrible information repository. Forums are great for info storage and things like build threads, but less geared for real time interaction (except for the chat area). It's like comparing apples to guitars. They're just 2 different things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.