Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

3rd Annual Burning Van Eastern Washington

14K views 99 replies 28 participants last post by  CopperFiremist 
#1 ·
3rd Annual Burning Van!

Here we go again! Last year was a smaller than expected but this year is shaping up to be a better turn out than the 1st Annual.

May 24-27th Rimrock Meadows https://goo.gl/maps/JMZzXcbp7BN2

The clubhouse is about a mile down the road and has amenities including showers, bathrooms, Swimming pool and a off leash dog area. There
will be a Honey Bucket onsite for use as well as a full size BBQ. I was thinking we would do a potluck dinner on Sunday night.
GreatWhite will be providing deliocus beer from his brewery Solera. https://www.solerabrewery.com/ Dkgarnet and I will be bringing Black Current Raspberry sour and another brewer friend will be bringing a few different flavors.

Things to be prepared/aware of:
Cell phone service is very weak, Verizon is the only service that really works out there.
Some lakes and points of interest we will cruise to require a Discover Pass which can be purchased at Walmart in-town or online for $30 for the year or $10 a day.

Friday: Arrive and setup camp

Saturday: Cruise to Soap Lake for a float in the afternoon. Bring your favorite float or paddle board.

Sunday: TurnNburn will be doing the off road cruise up to Douglas creek crossing.

Roll call

Confrimed:

CopperFiremist
Dkgarnet96
TurnNburn
Andyb
GreatWhite
WinnieVan
LAZY 1
ericstg

Maybe:
WimpTech
akforceten
MechBob

Let the thoughts and ideas flow.

See less See more
#14 ·
Im with WinnieVan, I'm only going for the vans and beer :cheers: ....I also want to make it back up to Douglas Creek, that place was rad. I think we should do the cruise by Dry Falls to get some pics again, maybe on the way to soap lake.

For those who have not been able to make it out.......its worth it. Super fun, and cool to see everyones builds in person

IMG_2819.jpg

IMG_2823.jpg

#21 ·
Sigh...

I am so jealous of you all getting together there now for the 3rd time. Seems the rest of us can't agree on ...

Well, anything.

Please - I'll just buy my stickers as usual.
and get to read about "people having fun" w/ their Vans.

We want to see the Pacific Northwest and the Redwoods so bad.
They are the last and the ONLY thing I wish to do and see - as the rest of the crap, is ... just that.
Always figured if we could get to BV, we could "go on"

( I am not going to deny it - I am nearly in tears as I write this )

Mike - as usual , living vicariously thru the eyes of others.

#22 ·
Hang in there brother! One of these years you will make it!! Until then let the good times roll and enjoy the pictures.

There should be more then enough of you in that area to make something happen. Just pick a date and a location and people will come.

For the record, the nearest redwood is probably 400 miles from where we hang out.

#23 ·
TurnNburn said:
... For the record, the nearest redwood is probably 400 miles from where we hang out.
Don't imagine that would be an issue.

And also "for the record":
We had no problem putting 6000 mis on our 92 just to see Yellowstone and everything in between here n' there.
Been to 170,000 miles since 94 and every corner of the US 'cept yours with it. Yeah, Mexico and Canada border fun too.
Miss it.

But , I digress - thanks for the encouragement. Maybe someday... "We'll win the Lottery, ship The Van and Drive the PCH"
Now that's a PLAN.

Mike

#26 ·
Still lookin OK for me to make it.Question,can I cook outside on a camping stove,even with possible fire danger?(we can here,in MT).I would consider the "trail ride",looks like prairie,but would not do the bad part,van is not lifted,do I need the permit for that?Also,the "lake float",ya sounds cool,I think my fat will suffice as a float!Although,for a short trip,I am not beyond doing premade food,any recommendations for the pot luck?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.