the most stressfull weekend since xmas >.<

the most stressfull weekend since xmas >.<

Postby cowboydan [OP] » March 21st 2011, 1:13am

some might know, but anyway, i work weekends. at work we are getting conveyor upgrades. it's a big job and cost's near 2million. but see, we all have to "work around all the construction. these contractors are very good at installation, but they lack the skills to work around us. the upgrades were scheduled and it seems no one knows what communication is. plans change and i don't get a call or a memo that when i come in, such n such lines are being done. my bosses have no clue either... guess they didn't get the memo either! the contractors kept lifting all the conveyor gates (which stops the line in front) and just left them there! sometimes 10 times an hr. the whole whearhouse then looks to me and rings my phone off the hook, why is my line stopped???? everyone want me to run the system like clockwork and it's ain't easy working with contractors. it's a challange to find ways of rerouting thousands of boxes from one line to another line that can't handle the congestion. it creates a bottleneck and i have to run for most of the jam ups and be at my desk and answer my radio and the phone and still do the rest of my job. it also didn't help that i have 5 people in my crew with a combined experience of 2 weeks. i can't be every where at once but i sure did try. at the end of the day i stacked my sorters and one broke under the pressure. my maintinence crew got em back online and i allegedly forced the sorters to take it the abuse! the maintinence electrician came up to my desk saying why do you do that? you always push the sorters and you always break them when i'm going for break. i just said it's my job to push for the bottome line.... yours is to keep em running :mrgreen: . i must be the only one who breaks them :mrgreen: . atleast my job is safe :dance: what a weekened! 3 more months of [email protected]#$^&* upgrades>.<
97 astro 4.3w AWD hotrod stand in and multi purpose custom cruizer: DD
2006 sebring 2.7 touring: DD
1990 f150 super cab 5.8/ 351w dual fuel: dq
1980 buick regal sport coupe???
1976 460/c6 ford e350 21' motorhome project
Original Poster [OP]
cowboydan
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L2)
Years of Membership: cowboydan has been a member for 10 full yearscowboydan has been a member for 10 full yearscowboydan has been a member for 10 full yearscowboydan has been a member for 10 full yearscowboydan has been a member for 10 full yearscowboydan has been a member for 10 full yearscowboydan has been a member for 10 full yearscowboydan has been a member for 10 full yearscowboydan has been a member for 10 full yearscowboydan has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 67
Alias (AKA): cbd
Van Model Year: 1997
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: 4.3w CL AWD

Re: the most stressfull weekend since xmas >.<

Postby Big_kid » March 22nd 2011, 4:29am

Wish I could help you there.
95 Astro Conversion of unknown irrelevant lineage
We have enough youth. How about a fountain of smart?
Big_kid
Team Leader
Team Leader
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: Big_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 185
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1995
Extra Info: 2WD 5.7 V8

Postby RECox286 » March 22nd 2011, 10:33pm

It sounds to me like you have a job very similar to mine. I have a very responsible position in my company. Anything goes wrong...I'm responsible. Well, try to stay composed, after all, you will be there long after the contractors are gone.

Bob
Start a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life.

Sent using two Progresso soup cans and a string
RECox286
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Purple Status (L6)
Purple Status (L6)
Years of Membership: RECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 40
Alias (AKA): Uncle Bob
Van Model Year: 1993
Extra Info: RWD V6 [325K mi]

Postby cowboydan [OP] » March 23rd 2011, 12:32am

thanks, i don't usually let work interfere with my life. i like to keep them separate. responsability has lots of little perks, but a few big drawbacks. when things go wrong with the conveyor system, they go wrong real fast! i have 7 minutes to get figure out how to handle it and get back online. it could be as simple as a radio call or i may have to pull man power from the floor to keep going. my bosses don't care what i do as long as their bottom line isn't adversly effected. i have had to pull as many as 10 workers and 15 managers managers throwning boxes. managers become quite receptive once the the 7 min mark hits. the last thing i want to hear from that phone is "what the hell is going on up there" them are fighting words to a hard worker. i think it would be fair if i wasn't doing my job. but since it's all contractor issues, it's kind of out of my hands>.<.
Original Poster [OP]
cowboydan
Years of Membership: cowboydan has been a member for 10 full yearscowboydan has been a member for 10 full yearscowboydan has been a member for 10 full yearscowboydan has been a member for 10 full yearscowboydan has been a member for 10 full yearscowboydan has been a member for 10 full yearscowboydan has been a member for 10 full yearscowboydan has been a member for 10 full yearscowboydan has been a member for 10 full yearscowboydan has been a member for 10 full years

Postby RECox286 » March 23rd 2011, 12:52am

Did you schedue a little fireside chat with the contractors before they started the upheaval ? I know that may sound mundane and archaic, but sometimes an ounce of prevention... People do tend to respond to positive input. ie: not everyone is a A$$whole.

Bob

RECox286
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Purple Status (L6)
Purple Status (L6)
Years of Membership: RECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full years

Postby cowboydan [OP] » March 23rd 2011, 5:02am

RECox286 wrote:Did you schedue a little fireside chat with the contractors before they started the upheaval ? I know that may sound mundane and archaic, but sometimes an ounce of prevention... People do tend to respond to positive input. ie: not everyone is a A$$whole.

Bob

i work on a local level. they are on a world wide level. i can't say anything. nor can the bosses. these guys are like the secret service it would seem. they have their program and that's it. one of my tls came up to have a few words about lifting one of his gates.... the contractor laughed and lifted the gate and walked away. any crap rolling has to come from a much higher level to hit these guys...lol
Original Poster [OP]
cowboydan

Postby RECox286 » March 23rd 2011, 2:55pm

OK, I take that back. So you must work for the CIA...as a janitor or fileclerk ??? (HA)

Bob

RECox286
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Purple Status (L6)
Purple Status (L6)

Postby cowboydan [OP] » March 23rd 2011, 11:26pm

RECox286 wrote:OK, I take that back. So you must work for the CIA...as a janitor or fileclerk ??? (HA)

Bob

it's all just politics. they act like they are...lol
Original Poster [OP]
cowboydan