Pay it forward appreciation

Pay it forward appreciation

Postby a2l1 [OP] » March 28th 2011, 10:36pm

As I have posted several times there is alot I cant do to/for the van because I simply cant afford it on my SSI disibility income, not begging or looking for sympathy just stating a fact. SSI disability is not much and there is never any left at the end of the month so I have to watch to the penny what I spend. Well when I posted about the tranny problems and the Haynes manual not being much help several people mentioned that I should buy this and that. It was also mentioned that I should get the factory manuals to properly diagnose and repair the tranny because it was more detailed,etc. Well all the input was appreciated but sometimes people just dont read all the posts I guess because if I havent got the money to get the manual then thats it, referring to the manual does me no good whatsoever.

Well since he would never mention it I feel that I just have to -- I want to thank Paul "throrope".

Without any fanfare he offered to send me his spare service manual. He didnt want any money and all he wanted was an address to ship it to. Did not even ask for postage. The manual will be/is a tremendous help and will aid in keeping my astro on the road. It is his generosity that is helping me to keep the van up and running and he doesnt want anything in return. I just wanted to say thank you Paul and wanted the other members to know that there are good people here and Paul is at the head of the list

Thank you Paul "throrope"
1995 Regency conversion really a work in progress !!
Hernando County - West Central Florida
Original Poster [OP]
a2l1
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Firing on 5 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: a2l1 has been a member for 9 full yearsa2l1 has been a member for 9 full yearsa2l1 has been a member for 9 full yearsa2l1 has been a member for 9 full yearsa2l1 has been a member for 9 full yearsa2l1 has been a member for 9 full yearsa2l1 has been a member for 9 full yearsa2l1 has been a member for 9 full yearsa2l1 has been a member for 9 full years
Topics: 73
Alias (AKA): A J
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: 4.3-auto-RWD

Re: Pay it forward appreciation

Postby throrope » March 28th 2011, 11:26pm

Good luck and back at cha!
throrope
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L1)
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: throrope has been a member for 9 full yearsthrorope has been a member for 9 full yearsthrorope has been a member for 9 full yearsthrorope has been a member for 9 full yearsthrorope has been a member for 9 full yearsthrorope has been a member for 9 full yearsthrorope has been a member for 9 full yearsthrorope has been a member for 9 full yearsthrorope has been a member for 9 full years
Topics: 3
Alias (AKA):
Extra Info: LT 4.3L AWD

Postby longyard » March 29th 2011, 1:18am

I love how the WWW has brought so many people together, and fostered so many random acts of kindness... unsung... unknown..., but the very building block of a better society. Let's keep the government OUT of the WWW! :clap:
longyard
Firing on 1 Cylinder (L1)
Firing on 1 Cylinder (L1)
Years of Membership: longyard has been a member for 9 full yearslongyard has been a member for 9 full yearslongyard has been a member for 9 full yearslongyard has been a member for 9 full yearslongyard has been a member for 9 full yearslongyard has been a member for 9 full yearslongyard has been a member for 9 full yearslongyard has been a member for 9 full yearslongyard has been a member for 9 full years
Topics: 35
Alias (AKA):
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: 4.3L V6 RWD

Postby a2l1 [OP] » March 30th 2011, 6:01am

But we here as a group the members of this furum should agree to initiate a pay it forward policy. A simple little corner on the website here called pay it forward corner. People from the forum can post what the need and other members can offer if they have it. Keeping in mind too many trips to the asking well would be frowned upon and anyone caught abusing the pay it forward by asking for material only to sell it somewhere else for personal profit will no longer be available to the pay it forward assemblage. To take it a step farther the materials wouldnt have to be all astro stuff if it was voted on we could even do sofas,dodges or whatever.
Just a thought and I would be more than happy to offer a few things. I dont have much but I can always help someone else!!!

Goodnight all

A J
Original Poster [OP]
a2l1
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Years of Membership: a2l1 has been a member for 9 full yearsa2l1 has been a member for 9 full yearsa2l1 has been a member for 9 full yearsa2l1 has been a member for 9 full yearsa2l1 has been a member for 9 full yearsa2l1 has been a member for 9 full yearsa2l1 has been a member for 9 full yearsa2l1 has been a member for 9 full yearsa2l1 has been a member for 9 full years

Postby WoodButcher » April 10th 2011, 3:40am

:clap:

A wise man once said the gift is in the giving.
WoodButcher
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Firing on 5 Cylinders (L6)
Firing on 5 Cylinders (L6)
Years of Membership: WoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 30
Alias (AKA): Bruce
Van Model Year: 1993
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: 5.7L RWD

Postby chevy57bert » April 26th 2011, 10:37pm

On this side off our world we are always late A J ... :oops:

Here`s a link to download PDF transmission Diagrams -->> viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6425#p53304
chevy57bert
Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Firing on 7 Cylinders (L3)
Firing on 7 Cylinders (L3)
Years of Membership: chevy57bert has been a member for 11 full yearschevy57bert has been a member for 11 full yearschevy57bert has been a member for 11 full yearschevy57bert has been a member for 11 full yearschevy57bert has been a member for 11 full yearschevy57bert has been a member for 11 full yearschevy57bert has been a member for 11 full yearschevy57bert has been a member for 11 full yearschevy57bert has been a member for 11 full yearschevy57bert has been a member for 11 full yearschevy57bert has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 69
Alias (AKA): Bertjuh
Van Model Year: 1992
Extra Info: Ext 4.3L rwd

Postby a2l1 [OP] » May 7th 2011, 6:16am

Thanks chevy57bert,
Help is always appreciated. Late is a state of mind I guess. There are weeks that go by and I dont visit or post to the list. Sometimes its difficult with all the doctors,pills and all but on the good days I am here. So it may have been late to you but recent for me. Anyway thanks for the link :wave:
Original Poster [OP]
a2l1
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces