Craigslist requiring phone verification for accounts

Craigslist requiring phone verification for accounts

Postby paintdrying [OP] » January 15th 2012, 9:57pm

Well, this is nearing the end for me. I am officially kicked off craigslist. I went to post last night. They kicked back a request for a phone number. So I enter my cell, not to happy about it, but, it is really the only game in town.
I enter the cell phone number, well not good enough. Turns out it has to be a land line or a cell phone with a contract. My net 10 phone will not work, the trac phone I went out and bought will not work.
Now, the fact that I have a pre pay cell phone I can no longer post on craigslist. Period. Now this is cutting off a whole section of people across the world. I am not a spammer or any sort of scammer, I just can not post. And what will this do to stop scams and spam. A little bit at first, but they will adjust. Leaving hard working people in the dust. This is real $hit man. I mean craigslist is mostly worthless these day anyway. This is so short sighted of craigslist.
Look at ebay, they become the only game in town, they up the fees and screw the sellers. How much of this crap are people going to take. Will Americans settle for living in pallet houses and selling popcorn to make a living? Or breaking up rocks with a bolt to sell the rocks as gravel. It is all falling apart rather fast. This is just one more thing. What, craigslist is owned by ebay, sometimes i hear things, is that true
1999 chevy astro van awd ls 108,000 miles
parts van 2000 astro rwd 279,000 miles
Original Poster [OP]
paintdrying
Firing on 3 Cylinders (L2)
Firing on 3 Cylinders (L2)
Years of Membership: paintdrying has been a member for 10 full yearspaintdrying has been a member for 10 full yearspaintdrying has been a member for 10 full yearspaintdrying has been a member for 10 full yearspaintdrying has been a member for 10 full yearspaintdrying has been a member for 10 full yearspaintdrying has been a member for 10 full yearspaintdrying has been a member for 10 full yearspaintdrying has been a member for 10 full yearspaintdrying has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 94
Alias (AKA):
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: 108 000