Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Saw this rig the other day.

7K views 45 replies 14 participants last post by  MI_Ghost 
#1 ·
I'm sure we all come across some over the top vehicles in our travels. Just thought I'd post up a couple I saw this past month. Feel free to add your own.

2051.jpeg

2052.jpeg

1791.jpeg

1784.jpeg

See less See more
#5 ·
Very nice!

Saw a similar truck at Walmart but my phone was dead:(

Here are a couple from my collection of beauties seen on the road...

Attachments

#7 ·
Toboggan and Telemark skis?

Our toboggan growing up looked like that, but the cushion had a red cover. I've never been good with cross-country skis and I had much respect for those who could Telemark and make it look elegant. 'Cause that was not going to be me.

The Chevy wagon is pretty nice, too ;)

#9 ·
Started skiing in 1975. Can't ski any more, thanks to mucho ankle and knee injuries, but none of them were caused by skiing. As injury-prone as I am, I've never even gotten a scratch or bruise skiing. Pretty impressive for me.

I've never tried snowboarding or surfing.

Telemarking was pretty when someone else did it, but it looked way too much like work to me, which ruled it out quickly. I never even tried it after watching someone else do it for an hour or so.

#11 ·
I used to say (being from Maine) that a person would have to be crazy to slide down a snow covered hill with two pieces of wood on your feet and no brakes or steering! Then I joined the Army and jumped from perfectly good airplanes so I realized one mans crazy is another mans fun so no judgement from me anymore lol. I understand the pictures of the Chevy wagon but not so much for the suzuki ?

#13 ·
In the fall of 2018 I passed the red roadster and I think it was in New Hampshire. I immediately did a U-turn for a better look. They said the frame was from an American LaFrance fire truck and it had appeared on a Snap-on calendar. Very impressive build.

Attachments

#23 ·
Rockridge said:
there was a Porsche 914 buried in a snowbank too.
I'm a bit partial to those - my father-in-law had a red 4-cyl one. Now my husband's cousin owns it to keep it in the family - he's a Porsche guy anyway, so this was a bonus. My husband's stepmother didn't want it in the garage after my FIL passed away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.