Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

How to Cook food on your car's engine

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Jasen 
#1 ·
This is a new way 2 cook your food in miles instead of minutes...Chow!

http://www.wikihow.com/Cook-Food-on-Your-Car%27s-Engine

After a trip of approximately 120 kilometres, Saar Slegers and her engine chef Olivier Elen arrived in Helvoirt, the Netherlands. They opened the hood and found the food to be ready. Was it good? 'Well, yes', Saar remembers. 'Though the meat was a bit tough.' Want to try this yourself? According to the "wiki site above" website, there is a right distance for every meal:

Shrimp: 30-50 miles

Trout or Salmon: 60-100 miles

Chicken breasts: 60 miles at 65 mph

Chicken wings: 140-200 miles

Pork tenderloin: 250 miles

Sliced, peeled potatoes: 55 miles

100120 carbecue 5.jpg

Cook_engine_373.jpg

I wonder where I would go if I had to drive 50+ miles just to cook the food. :rofl:

See less See more
#3 ·
Everyone thinks I'm nuts when I mention this. I've known about it for 30 years, but never tried it.
Seems like we'd have to remove the doghouse to get to anything hot enough to cook with.

#6 ·
I remember as a kid seeing a bus driver on a TV show (Pete & Pete) who baked a birthday cake on the engine block of his school bus.

When I asked my old man if it was possible, he revealed to me that he once cooked a meal using the 302 in his '69 Mercury Montego while on a camping trip back in the day.

Would I try it? No way. I make a mess of everything when I cook, and food's the last thing I want under the hood.

Still, it's a cool idea...and going further with it, I always thought it'd be cool (if even a bit white-trash) to build a barbeque using the nose of a wrecked classic, though. Tell me that wouldn't make for an awesome backyard decoration! :cheers:

#7 ·
I remember watching a program several years ago about this old truck driver that never ate at a truck stop. He had an old straight 6 chevy truck, and welded a plate and box with a lid onto the exhaust manifold. Unreal ! He would cook steaks, potatoes, they were all stacked up in different levels in the box and surrounded with aluminum foil. He'd stop, pop the hood take out his dinner and eat. Always wondered if there was an essence of GM in the flavor!

#10 ·
As a lad we used to cook things like a can beans or soup in the winter on one just like this. Shoot, that might even b me in the fog :lol:

#12 ·
Lets see, if your haulin butt trying to finish coating off the roof, your running the kettle at about 425*, which is about 25* below flash point, which is when you hear a thwooom and the lid flies open and flames shoot about 10 ft. in the air and you need to get a dry pair of undies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.