Cool/Useful site

Cool/Useful site

Postby castle_Rock [OP] » February 2nd 2010, 9:16am

Ran across this site through Google: "Where'smycellphone.com" - Very useful, actually works: http://www.wheresmycellphone.com/

Description:

It's your worst nightmare: You lost your cell. :o Don't worry, I have the perfect site for you.

What I Think:

For those living alone, there may not always be a friend around to dial your cell every time it goes missing. However, if you still have an internet connection, log on to this site, enter your number, and WheresMyCellPhone.com will ring your phone so you'll be able to hear it from its spot wedged in the couch.

Best Feature:

Thankfully, :pray: the site's privacy policy states that dialed numbers are never saved. So don't worry about landing on some cell-phone-losing idiot list.
Vehicle Specs:
'94 Safari
162K miles
Ext Rear
Original Poster [OP]
castle_Rock
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Firing on 3 Cylinders (L2)
Years of Membership: castle_Rock has been a member for 11 full yearscastle_Rock has been a member for 11 full yearscastle_Rock has been a member for 11 full yearscastle_Rock has been a member for 11 full yearscastle_Rock has been a member for 11 full yearscastle_Rock has been a member for 11 full yearscastle_Rock has been a member for 11 full yearscastle_Rock has been a member for 11 full yearscastle_Rock has been a member for 11 full yearscastle_Rock has been a member for 11 full yearscastle_Rock has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 35
Alias (AKA): Nick
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: 4.3L V6 RWD

Re: Cool/Useful site

Postby webcat » February 2nd 2010, 9:26am

I got it bookmarked , i'm sure i'll be using it in the future :thumbup:
webcat
Firing on 3 Cylinders (L3)
Years of Membership: webcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 253
Alias (AKA): Larry aka Rambo
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: g10 5.7L vortec

Postby castle_Rock [OP] » February 2nd 2010, 9:28am

Useful site for spoofing email addresses: Just for fun
http://www.deadfake.com/

Description:

Looking to prank someone or just be anonymous via e-mail?

What I Think:

Designed to quickly send e-mails without the hassles of registration or sign-up, just type in any fake e-mail address you'd like your anonymous note to come from and speak your mind. Though real nerds may be able to determine the site your note originated from in the end, there's no way they can then connect it back to you.

Best Feature:

The ability to make up addresses that match possible real e-mails like [email protected] is enough to rouse even the most subdued prankster.
Vehicle Specs:
'94 Safari
162K miles
Ext Rear
Original Poster [OP]
castle_Rock
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Years of Membership: castle_Rock has been a member for 11 full yearscastle_Rock has been a member for 11 full yearscastle_Rock has been a member for 11 full yearscastle_Rock has been a member for 11 full yearscastle_Rock has been a member for 11 full yearscastle_Rock has been a member for 11 full yearscastle_Rock has been a member for 11 full yearscastle_Rock has been a member for 11 full yearscastle_Rock has been a member for 11 full yearscastle_Rock has been a member for 11 full yearscastle_Rock has been a member for 11 full years

Postby castle_Rock [OP] » February 2nd 2010, 9:33am

webcat wrote:I got it bookmarked , i'm sure i'll be using it in the future :thumbup:

Great, the number I received came from a (481) - 516 - 2342 I checked my phone bill, and didn't get charged for the incoming call, so lose your phone all you want too. :rofl:
Vehicle Specs:
'94 Safari
162K miles
Ext Rear
Original Poster [OP]
castle_Rock
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Postby tedanderson » February 2nd 2010, 9:49am

That's good to know. Also you can text your phone via email using the following addresses:

T-Mobile: [email protected]
Virgin Mobile: [email protected]
Cingular: [email protected]
Sprint: [email protected]
Verizon: [email protected]
Nextel: [email protected]

and then say something to the effect of, "Hey IDIOT! If you are reading this, you must have found you phone!"
tedanderson
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L3)
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L3)
Years of Membership: tedanderson has been a member for 11 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 11 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 11 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 11 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 11 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 11 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 11 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 11 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 11 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 11 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 76
Alias (AKA): 2Big4aMiniVan

Postby castle_Rock [OP] » February 2nd 2010, 10:01am

tedanderson wrote:That's good to know. Also you can text your phone via email using the following addresses:

and then say something to the effect of, "Hey IDIOT! If you are reading this, you must have found you phone!"

:goodpost:

I didn't know Carriers offered that service, I use Verizon, so that's a good alternative, unlike my one co-worker, she often misplaces her phone at work, and I'll pass this on to her. Now there's two ways to retrieve your :music-tool: I mean phone. :D
Vehicle Specs:
'94 Safari
162K miles
Ext Rear
Original Poster [OP]
castle_Rock
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Postby castle_Rock [OP] » February 2nd 2010, 10:27am

A really cool site to play around with: "Make a Police Sketch"
http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=13208

Description:

Make your own unique people sketch with this creative and addicting online app.

What I Think:

Cool app too pass the time, Bowtie, I think i drew you! :lol:

Best Feature:

You can print your picture, but cannot save it to desktop unless if you do a prnt scrn as I did. You can also browse other people works of art by clicking "load face" on the top right of the page. I created one listed as "police skethch" I mistyped it.

my police sketch.jpg
Vehicle Specs:
'94 Safari
162K miles
Ext Rear
Original Poster [OP]
castle_Rock
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Postby castle_Rock [OP] » February 2nd 2010, 11:52am

With this site, you can send yourself an email to arrive in the future, goes clear up to 2060:
http://www.futureme.org/

Description:

Write a letter, story, random anything, set the date, whether its next week, month, a full decade, and its supposed to arrive in your inbox on the date you specified.

What i think about it:

Pretty original ya might say, if you submit an email, make sure its valid if you set it to ping back to you in 2040. :lol:
I'm going to try this and see what happens. :shifty:

Best Feature:

While you send your email to cyberspace, you'll probably forget about it, however, if your a registered user, you can resend it... There's not really a best feature yet.
Vehicle Specs:
'94 Safari
162K miles
Ext Rear
Original Poster [OP]
castle_Rock
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Postby astroturf » February 2nd 2010, 6:18pm

castle_Rock wrote:A really cool site to play around with: "Make a Police Sketch"
http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=13208

Description:

Make your own unique people sketch with this creative and addicting online app.

What I Think:

Cool app too pass the time, Bowtie, I think i drew you! :lol:

Best Feature:

You can print your picture, but cannot save it to desktop unless if you do a prnt scrn as I did. You can also browse other people works of art by clicking "load face" on the top right of the page. I created one listed as "police skethch" I mistyped it.

my police sketch.jpg

Man, That is too funny. I've always wondered what the ASTROGLIDE Prince looked like. You go Bowtie, be proud of who/what you are. Wear your Crystal Tiara with pride. Rainbow Power...
My Cup is neither half empty nor half full... But has a hole in it. Holy Cup Holders Batman. LOLz, Jim
astroturf
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: astroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 112
Alias (AKA):
Extra Info: 2wd Passenger

Postby webcat » February 12th 2010, 12:32am

lost my cell ph already , i remembered that i had this bookmarked , found it in 5 seconds :thumbup:
webcat
Years of Membership: webcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full yearswebcat has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 253
Alias (AKA): Larry aka Rambo
Extra Info: g10 5.7L vortec

Postby astro355 » February 13th 2010, 2:41am

tedanderson wrote:That's good to know. Also you can text your phone via email using the following addresses:

And for US cellular, its:

[email protected]
Diagnose 1st, never be a parts changer!

355 small block chevy w/ modified 700R4

astro355
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Firing on 4 Cylinders (L6)
Firing on 4 Cylinders (L6)
Years of Membership: astro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 57
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1989
Extra Info: 355 V8 700R4