Wooooo......shake it up!

Wooooo......shake it up!

Postby ihatemybike [OP] » February 10th 2010, 12:43pm

I live in Illinois, why the hell is an earthquake waking me up?

Magnitude 4.3 on the Richter Scale
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/ ... index.html
Aaron

2005 Astro (Gandalf) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, 130k+ miles
1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump
Prev Astros:99,97,00,94,87,86
Original Poster [OP]
ihatemybike
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L2)
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L2)
Years of Membership: ihatemybike has been a member for 11 full yearsihatemybike has been a member for 11 full yearsihatemybike has been a member for 11 full yearsihatemybike has been a member for 11 full yearsihatemybike has been a member for 11 full yearsihatemybike has been a member for 11 full yearsihatemybike has been a member for 11 full yearsihatemybike has been a member for 11 full yearsihatemybike has been a member for 11 full yearsihatemybike has been a member for 11 full yearsihatemybike has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 68
Alias (AKA):

Re: Wooooo......shake it up!

Postby astro355 » February 10th 2010, 12:55pm

And I took all the time to write this up:

https://www.astrosafari.com/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=6021

astro355 wrote:I couldn't sleep last night so I decided to get a head start on a 97 Saturn SL that needs a new axle and clutch. I standing right next to the car in my garage draining the antifreeze when I hear this very low, deep boom that immediately makes the garage doors shake and the Saturn (with its very tired suspension) rock. WTF? I have an airport nearby and sometimes the UPS jets will fly overhead but not like this. Regardless, I look at the Saturn again and its still rocking. I'm thinking somebody is in the car so I grab my BFH and check out the passenger compartment, no one there. I pop the truck and yet again, no one there.

My wife comes out to the garage crying. She loves to watch those ghosthunter and paranormal state shows. She's crying because a shaking bed woke her up and now she thinks the house is haunted. I'm like wait a second, there's got to be something in common here. And low and behold, 4.3 magnitude earthquake hit about an hour away from us.

So to her relief and disappoint, the house isn't haunted (or at least the bed shaking was not caused by a haunting). But that scared the sh!t out of me.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/02/10/illinois.earthquake/index.html?hpt=T2
Diagnose 1st, never be a parts changer!

355 small block chevy w/ modified 700R4

astro355
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Firing on 4 Cylinders (L6)
Firing on 4 Cylinders (L6)
Years of Membership: astro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 57
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1989
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: 355 V8 700R4

Postby Jasen » February 11th 2010, 2:10am

astro355 wrote:And I took all the time to write this up:

https://www.astrosafari.com/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=6021

astro355 wrote:I couldn't sleep last night so I decided to get a head start on a 97 Saturn SL that needs a new axle and clutch. I standing right next to the car in my garage draining the antifreeze when I hear this very low, deep boom that immediately makes the garage doors shake and the Saturn (with its very tired suspension) rock. WTF? I have an airport nearby and sometimes the UPS jets will fly overhead but not like this. Regardless, I look at the Saturn again and its still rocking. I'm thinking somebody is in the car so I grab my BFH and check out the passenger compartment, no one there. I pop the truck and yet again, no one there.

My wife comes out to the garage crying. She loves to watch those ghosthunter and paranormal state shows. She's crying because a shaking bed woke her up and now she thinks the house is haunted. I'm like wait a second, there's got to be something in common here. And low and behold, 4.3 magnitude earthquake hit about an hour away from us.

So to her relief and disappoint, the house isn't haunted (or at least the bed shaking was not caused by a haunting). But that scared the sh!t out of me.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/02/10/illinois.earthquake/index.html?hpt=T2

That's got Pulitzer written all over it I tell ya.
I'm a Journeyman woodworker,
Every projects a journey man.

Ultra gauge

Being a mad scientist IS NOT as easy as it look's on TV

Jasen
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: Jasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 260
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1997
Extra Info: AWD cargo Dutch door

Postby Mr_Bowtie » February 11th 2010, 3:13am

ihatemybike wrote:I live in Illinois, why the hell is an earthquake waking me up?

At least thats all it did......... :shrug: :D
1985 Astro - 350/700r4....loud & low! :chevy:
'96 Dodge 2500 Ramwagon Van
'68 VW Bug 1600cc
'00 Grand Prix GT
'00 Subaru Outback Legacy sedan
Mr_Bowtie
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Years of Membership: Mr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 74
Alias (AKA): Nick
Van Model Year: 1985
Extra Info: 350 with 700r4